The "It" remake

Tools    

I would still like to know why Will Poulter isn't going to be playing Pennywise and why I have to know every detail of the film makers process months and years before the film is released.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I would still like to know why Will Poulter isn't going to be playing Pennywise and why I have to know every detail of the film makers process months and years before the film is released.
Well when Cary Fukunaga left the project, they went in a different direction. Which meant getting rid of Poulter. I would have preferred him as Pennywise and I would have preferred Fukunaga as well.

Suspect's Reviews

movies can be okay...
It's a remake, it's horror, therefore it's gonna be awful. No hope.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

It's a remake, it's horror, therefore it's gonna be awful. No hope.
Unless the original wasn't good to begin with, like the original It. Granted, I've never watched the whole thing, but from what I have watched it looks, well, like a bad TV movie from the 1990s, which is exactly what it is.

When your a fan of the book then you know your going to almost certainly be setting yourself up for disappointment if you go watch the film and as a fan of the book I know this adaptation will disappoint. That being said I will still go watch it (no pun intended).

Unfortunately, this Pennywise will never be as scary or charismatic as Curry's Pennywise (the 1st half of IT anyway) but I'm still very interested in this remake. Horror films of today are pretty poor IMO, we've had vampires and zombies make a comeback, now it's time for clowns to scare the crap out of people again!

I just hope it won't be a PG13 snoozefest, Curry's was only a 15 in the UK and it was the scariest thing I saw as a kid (but I didn't see the 2nd half until a few years after the 1st, the ending was almost a comedy)

I read the book and saw the movie, and stop your hating on William Thomas and John Ritter

This was an incredible novel that died of Kingitis. Kingitis - when Stephen King would tank the endings to well written masterpieces. The endings blew in IT, The Stand, Tommyknockers, Desperation, and I wouldnt be surprised if the ending blows in Under The Dome (havent read it, but watch it, and I can see his tendencies there too).

How bad was the ending to the novel IT? The tv movies ending was better. This remake will fail because theyre screwing with the good parts already before theyve even started filming.
Richard Thomas, not William. And I agree...stop the hating...I loved the mini-series.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Just on Tongo's 'kingitis' comment, how much creative control or input does King have with adaptations?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I dont remember if I watched the original. I read the book which was pretty creepy but I cant remember the movie.

To be honest, I never thought the original was that great. But I have a good feeling about this one.

i wonder if they're gonna put the kid orgy in this one?

(you know you're all secretly wondering the same thing)
I heard no.