The "It" remake

Tools    

Evidently, this is moving forward:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...-fantasy-cast/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1396484/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Not sure what I think about it. I adored the book but never was a big fan of the miniseries despite Tim Curry's involvement. The world presented in 'It' is so rich and complex that I'm not sure any film can do it justice.

I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping I'm wrong.

A system of cells interlinked
I watched this recently (1990 version) with my GF. While the first half of the mini-series did an OK job with the kid stories, the second half was TERRIBLE. Totally miscast (John Boy and Jack Tripper...sigh), poorly done, and they wanked the ending, big time. Tim Curry was great, as usual.

I agree that this is a tough one to bring to screen...

I watched this recently (1990 version) with my GF. While the first half of the mini-series did an OK job with the kid stories, the second half was TERRIBLE. Totally miscast (John Boy and Jack Tripper...sigh), poorly done, and they wanked the ending, big time. Tim Curry was great, as usual.

I agree that this is a tough one to bring to screen...
i'm not agree but you have your opinion .

Pennywise must be one of the most famous horror movie vilain of all time and i love it .

Finished here. It's been fun.
Maybe its nostalgia clouding my judgement but the 1st half of the 1990 Version of It is incredible. The 2nd half is awful however. I haven't heard anything about the progress of this remake, but I am very curious. This is one of those rare remakes I actually want to see.

A remake would be awful, I'm sure. The new Pennywise clown would suck. I see they're already hoping for Tilda Swinton to play the clown -- this does not surprise me. A recent trend in horror remakes/reboots is to make the killer, who was originally a man, into a woman. So now we have Female Pinhead (actually happened in a comic book form), Female Leatherface, Female Jason and Freddy are on the way I'm sure, and now here's them hoping for Female Pennywise.

A remake would be awful, I'm sure. The new Pennywise clown would suck. I see they're already hoping for Tilda Swinton to play the clown -- this does not surprise me. A recent trend in horror remakes/reboots is to make the killer, who was originally a man, into a woman. So now we have Female Pinhead (actually happened in a comic book form), Female Leatherface, Female Jason and Freddy are on the way I'm sure, and now here's them hoping for Female Pennywise.
Ha ha, they did it with Jaws 2. "More deadlier than the male". Piece of c**p.

Another big book that really needs the HBO treatment, I reckon.

A great book, but a largely disappointing film, although it had its good points, namely Pennywise.

I'm a big fan of Stephen King, but i think the only film adaptation that I really rate is Misery.

I read the book and saw the movie, and stop your hating on William Thomas and John Ritter

This was an incredible novel that died of Kingitis. Kingitis - when Stephen King would tank the endings to well written masterpieces. The endings blew in IT, The Stand, Tommyknockers, Desperation, and I wouldnt be surprised if the ending blows in Under The Dome (havent read it, but watch it, and I can see his tendencies there too).

How bad was the ending to the novel IT? The tv movies ending was better. This remake will fail because theyre screwing with the good parts already before theyve even started filming.

I'm for it, because even though I'm probably gonna get hate for saying it, the original movie is crap. It's not scary, it's not well acted, the reveal at the end of what the monster is, is the cheesiest part of the whole thing and I'm sorry, even though Tim Curry was alright, nothing he could have done would have made the movie good. Like seriously, how besides laughter are you supposed to react when one of the characters thinks they saw "It" and all that's there is a balloon in a foggy setting. The book is great but the movie is one of the worst in horror that has ever existed. A modern day version with actually talented actors and updated effects is just what the movie needs.

Under The Dome is already hugely different to the book, although I must admit to enjoying it.

Series 2 starts in the US in June doesn't it? Not sure when we'll get it in the UK

A system of cells interlinked
i'm not agree but you have your opinion .

Pennywise must be one of the most famous horror movie vilain of all time and i love it .
You mean you agree.

I said Tim Curry did a great job. You know Tim Curry is Pennywise, yes?

Also, to whomever said they would only rank Misery in the SK universe:

See also: The Shining and The Dead Zone.

It will be hard to top Curry's performance but otherwise I'm all for this.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I read the book and saw the movie, and stop your hating on William Thomas and John Ritter

This was an incredible novel that died of Kingitis. Kingitis - when Stephen King would tank the endings to well written masterpieces. The endings blew in IT, The Stand, Tommyknockers, Desperation, and I wouldnt be surprised if the ending blows in Under The Dome (havent read it, but watch it, and I can see his tendencies there too).

How bad was the ending to the novel IT? The tv movies ending was better. This remake will fail because theyre screwing with the good parts already before theyve even started filming.
I agree with you. The ending to The Dark Tower series sucked too. I'm about to finish 'Salem's Lot (less than 80 pages to read) and the ending terrifies me for this very reason.

The ending to The Dark Tower series sucked too.
What nonsense do you speak?!

I thought the ending summed it up perfectly. I could have done without King inserting himself into the story but Roland's final realization in the series speaks volumes to life on the mortal coil.

Well, I was disappointed by the ending but I wouldn't say it was that bad. But King inserting himself into TDT was cool, I thought, and fit the entire multiverse premise.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
What nonsense do you speak?!

I thought the ending summed it up perfectly. I could have done without King inserting himself into the story but Roland's final realization in the series speaks volumes to life on the mortal coil.
I guess what I ultimately hated about it was I saw it coming. I tend to hate when a creator proves me right. What's funny is I didn't initially hate it, I was originally okay with it but the more I thought about it the more dislike and contempt I felt towards the ending. However, this didn't stop me from rushing out first day and buying Wind Through the Keyhole :P.

Well, I was disappointed by the ending but I wouldn't say it was that bad. But King inserting himself into TDT was cool, I thought, and fit the entire multiverse premise.
YAY! I'm not the only one who thought it was kinda cool. When someone I worked with told me this I thought the idea was really dumb. Though upon reading it, I thought it was cool (though I understood why this is, I still think it's kinda lame that Roland looks like SK).

Honestly, I'm on board for this remake. I think it will be interesting to see another interpretation of the book from the miniseries. I think that this production is going to need a great director and an amazing casting director in order for this film to work. I'm excited for it, being a fan of the book and the miniseries.