Nicolas Cage...what gives?

Tools    

I love Cage enough to forgive his recent flops. I absolutely loved Bad Lieutenant though.

My personal favorites are:

Matchstick Men
Bringing Out the Dead
Raising Arizona
Adaptation
Leaving Las Vegas

There are many more that I love, so like I said above, I can forgive him for Wicker Man (although there were some funny scenes of him punching women), Ghost Rider, Knowing, Next, etc...

I think Nic played OCD sufferer the best I have ever seen.

&feature=related

Cage does seem to make a lot of average and below average films. The Family Man is by far my favorite of his films that I've seen. I have stayed away from much of his work due to sheer lack of interest in the films themselves, not neccessarily his acting.

It wasn't the super-happy ending I would have hoped for, but when heaven intervenes and shows you the life you (or your loved ones) could have had (or will have), you need to return to the life you've chosen and choose what you will do with it. Either you have made the right decision all along (It's a Wonderful Life), or you've chosen the wrong path and now have an opportunity to correct it (A Christmas Carol, The Family Man, Click).

Semper Fooey
In A Christmas Carol Scrooge doesn't try to get back with the sweetheart who jilted him. In A Family Man credibility is stretched because it ends inconclusively but implies his old sweetie may be interested in resuming a romance with Cage and settling down with him. The ending is off kilter because the real message is to get married, not marry specifically a woman who barely remembers him and is doing fine without him (unlike poor Donna Reed). How come she didn't get the same vision?

True, the ending is up in the air. I guess I don't quite view the same. I see it as a second chance film. The man realizes that his life is now shallow and loveless. He sees the joyful life he could have had if he had and has now been given a second chance to pursue that. True, we don't know that they end up together and have the children they had, but I like to think they do.

We have similar tastes i have found, and we agree for the most part here as well.

I would add the following.

Red Rock West (1993)

Racing With the Moon (1984)

Birdy (1984)

This next one may be contentious with some as its a remake as well as starring mr sunglasses, but hey i liked it.

Kiss of Death (1994)
That we do.
I'll Netflix those 4 movies after Christmas.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
There's a lot I haven't seen from him, but I enjoy his work a lot. He's unfairly portrayed as an action star, but I think that's a bit simplistic and ignores a large portion of his work. He's very entertaining on screen, and for every two or three Gone in Sixty Seconds, Con Airs, and National Treasures there's a Vampire's Kiss awaiting in his filmography.

Here's my ten favorite performances from him. I do find him very entertaining and enjoyable to watch.

1. Bringing Out the Dead

2. Adaptation

3. Bad Lieutenant

4. Vampire's Kiss

5. Leaving Las Vegas

6. Wild at Heart

7. It Could Happen to You

8. Raising Arizona

9. Matchstick Men

10. 8mm

Again, there's a lot I haven't seen including Moonstruck, Gaurding Tess, Windtalkers, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and so on.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

... for every two or three Gone in Sixty Seconds, Con Airs, and National Treasures there's a Vampire's Kiss awaiting in his filmography.
That's true, but you say it like it's a good thing.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I'm a huge fan of his three action films The Rock, Con Air & Face/Off. I also like his performances in Matchstick Men and Wild At Heart (even though it's complete *****).

I think Nic played OCD sufferer the best I have ever seen.
High praise, thats high praise

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Just to say, that's not just OCD there in that scene in fact it's the lesser going on there, he has more than just Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in the film, that's the wrong scene really to show an example of a portrayal of OCD. We don't all 'go nuts' like that in public...

that's what she said...
I really like Nicolas Cage and his preformance in his roles. I think he does well in a variety of genres and can take form into many different personality types.

He is in many films I really enjoy, in which I particulary love they placed him as that character:
Matchstick Men
Knowing
Gone in 30 Seconds
National Treasure
Rising Arizona

Those are a few I've watched multiple times...
And this year I watched two movies he was in, I can't remember the names but I did like them, one was where he was a wizard or something, he was training a kid how to do magic or something. The other was really outstanding, Trespass I think, he and Nicole Kidman really had great chemistry and I was so drawn into the storyline and he was just perfect for his role.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
Not really a fan of Nick Cage

But National Treasure will never EVER lose its sentimental value to me

justice is the best movie he has done for ages
better hair also
that helped,