Avatars - Are you tied to yours?

Tools    

Mr. Nator told me the exact same thing.

So yeah, why don't you have one yet? You've been here quite awhile now.
I don't know, I've just never bothered. I don't even know what I'd want or how I'd go about it.

Well, since I haven't checked in in quite a while, I don't even remember what the hell my avatar is, yeah I can go check my profile but too lazy at the moment. I guess I'll find out when I post this eh?
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know. I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." -David Cronenberg

Welcome to the human race...

JACK
How d'you do, ma'am? Henry Swanson's
my name, and excitement's my game.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
I just have whatever im really into at the moment and since i recently discovered the delights of the alien quadrilogy and the fact that its the anniversary of the first film, ive got ripley fever

For reasons I may one day disclose (and no it's not for purposes nefarious) I feel a definite kinship with the imagery I use in my avatar. Something Austruck said to me a few months back made me sit and think about it for a while (a while being a few months I guess ).

I almost can't picture Yoda being anything but Yoda even though I remember his TWTCommish days (but don't remember a particular avatar). Sedai seems pretty well synonymous with that flicking switchblade, Caitlyn's avatars all have a sort of beauty+suspicion+strength theme and Pike is a gunslinger. Slug is Dangerfield, meat is meat and Mark is Grampa Simpson.

Just a fun poll really, how tied are you to the imagery that you use to represent yourself if at all?
It's a good point – when I joined I was using an image of the Huntsman in The Company of Wolves, which is where "seeing is believing" is quoted from. Now I'm using a screencap of the Cyclops from Ulysses 31 and I quite like it being eye-related . It's a nice, stark colourful picture and it goes well against the background of the site.