The Hulk

Tools    

Movie Explorer
Originally posted by chasm4u
i love comic book movies but what really irritates me? CG!!!!!!!!!!!! i am sick of it, i wanna see more art in film again. i mean tim burtons batman wasnt cg'd I just hate cg. lets go back and improve the old style to todays standereds. This is why I dont even care to see the hulk I sure I will see more cg and less story like all the others. If I want cg I will buy the video game!
I agree. It's getting silly on the big screen. The funny thing is, Tim Burton's "Batman" still stands out as probably the best superhero flick beating out all the CG movies of today. It's more realistic the old way. Although I think CG is cool, I think they should limit it because sometimes it looks well....corny. I got a bit of dose of that from Blade II and even in some parts of Spider Man. As much of a Marvel Comics fan I am, watching the Hulk will not bring a smile to my face if the CG is overdone. I just hope it will be satisfying. From what I'm seeing, it sure does look like it will kick more ass than the original Incredible Hulk flick. I HOPE they make a Ghost Rider movie and make it rated R. Also a remake of Captain America would be nice.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The CG was good and not overdone in Spiderman if you will recall. If they do it to that degree, I'll be very pleased.

Hi
Daredevil did not have much as i recall.

Hmm I bet they picked Bana because it almost sounds like Banner

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
They picked him because he was awesome in Black Hawk Down.

ILM is in control kids. No reason to worry.

spiderman looks better than the hulk the hulk looks corny and I dont like it wen in films guys can lift about 200 tons I also think that u should tell me what cg is the hulk I probaby will go and see but If its a 15 I will go nuts The hulk looks more of a kids film than spiderman spiderman was more civilisedthe hulk will just go to far and it just looks like a man hunt I like good vs evil type film

Originally posted by Viscuoa
[b] Although I think CG is cool, I think they should limit it because sometimes it looks well....corny. [b]
And Crap.

Originally posted by chasm4u
lets go back and improve the old style to todays standereds.
The 'old style' ( I assume your talking about Prosthetics, creature effects, etc) has improved over the years, its just that film makers choose not to use the style in their films.
But I would love to see more of the old style used in a wider range of newer films.

Well, I personally have renewed hope in comics turned to movies thanks to X2. I was especially displeased with the fact that the first installation was so skewed... in every which way. If people (writers) who aren't Bryan Singer can pull off something something excellent in text form, then I can only hope that the story/screenplay for the Hulk will be safe in the hands of Ang Lee. Has he made a seriously bad movie yet? Anything that even came close to bombing? Nope.

check out this puzzle. Its a scene from the Hulk.

Hulk Puzzle

Movie Explorer
I have one more thing to say about this and that's concerning the characters. I wonder why the names of Bruce Banners' parents aren't Rebecca and Brian instead of David and Edith?? unless there's some other relationships I don't know of? I haven't really followed Hulk comics so I'm not sure. Where is Rick Jones by the way? and they should have had an enemy of Hulk's calibre such as maybe Abomination or something instead of just "Thunderbolt" Ross and Glen Talbot. It's like the main attraction of the movie is Hulk and his destructions only, while movies like Spider Man and Daredevil had superhuman villains in them.

That's about all I have to question before going to the movies to catch this when it comes out in theatres.

I noticed that as well: the flick's just a stage for the big green guy. My money, however, is on that really working. Big time. It's not exactly rare, either, for a superhero to be thought of as a villain at first (or later on) by the people he ultimately protects. That's standard operating procedure in the comic book world.

I think going super-villainless is a good call. It'll keep the movie simple, which will ultimately work to its advantage.