Remember your first?...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
No...really? C'mon Silver Bullet...that movie was way to good to have not watched it multiple times.I love the guy who helps with the little weed plantation.He's in one of my favorite childhood movies,Young Sherlock Homes...I don't remember his name,but when I saw him in Lock,Stock...I almost jumped out of my seat,"There he is!"I love that movie,so funny on so many levels.

I have a very strong feeling that our tastes are very much the same...

I liked it very, very much, but I still think Snatch was the better of Ritchie's two (and this is coming from a guy who has disected these films so many times I have them cerebally implanted into my subconscience for the rest of my life) but as it continued the style of "Lock Stock" it was very dissapointing that it wasn't as well recieved. It is clearly the better film, it has something the first lacks: age. In the first one when these kids stuff up you think "well, at least they can pull themselves together." It was a story about a group trying to make their first quick buck, in "Snatch" we were seeing the opposite end of the spectrum, people who had been trying to make a quick buck for twenty-odd years. The second one had heart.

But I still love them both dearly, I just find it disapointing it was recieved the way it was by critics. And my friends. Who hated it.

CULTURAL PHILISTINES!!!

I too thought Snatch was the better overall film, though I like both flicks. Don't know if it's the additional presence of Dennis Farina, Benicio Del Toro, Rade Serbedzija and Brad Pitt or what exactly, but of the two so far, I'll take Snatch. Not to take anything away from Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels.
COUSIN AVI: I'm gettin' heartburn. Tony, do something terrible.
[Edited by Holden Pike on 10-19-2001]
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by The Silver Bullet
I have a very strong feeling that our tastes are very much the same...

you really should check out the e-mail I sent you about my favorite classic films...you'll really feel strongly after reading that.I know I did when I read your column. I liked Lock Stock a titch better though,I don't know why...maybe it's the lines...the funny a** dialouge.Not to downplay Snatch in any way,I just liked the other a bit more.

I've read your e-mail, that's what made me say it.
I don't think it's the addition of the other actors by the way, Holden, I think it's just got something that the first one didn't have, it has more heart, I really do think that. I think the parts those actors PLAY in the film ('specially Franky Four Fingers and Avi)is probably a determining factor (the fact that even after everything, the 'Don't go to England' declaration, Avi still goes back and the very end jus to make the fabeled 'quick buck')but I don't think it's necicarilly the actors themselves.

Rock God
the first movie i ever saw in a theater was "follow that bird".... lol also, i liked snatch a ton. that movie ruled, period. hey, sades, who was it that played turkish? i think we were talking about that and never really figured it out.

His story is an interesting one, wouldn't you say?
He used to sell things on street corners. Not speciality things. Just things. Whatever he had to sell, he'd sell on street corners. He wasn't poor or anything, or homeless, that was his job. Selling things on street corners.

Then Ritchie got a hold of him, and made him Bacon -- although personally, Turkish was much more his sort of role.

"Ze Germans?!"

Rock God
hey, it says he's gonna be in the one. does anyone else wanna see that movie? i'm hoping it's not a turd, i always root for jet li movies to do well. i wanna see it when it opens.

The One is going to suck... I promise... If there's a Jet Li movie you haven't seen that's not Black Mask, save your money and rent it instead. But seriously, it's going to suck.

Follow that Bird! I looooved that movie! When they set up the whole map thing on the wall to find Biggie, that's soo great!

Dude, Jet Li takes a motorcycle like it's a stick and hits a guy with it. It looks awesome. I'm not expecting a plot...I don't even care, so long as he hits people with motorcycles the whole time.

Now With Moveable Parts
Whoa...this thread took a U-Turn into some male-movie fantasy world...Jet Li? Hitting people with motorcycles? Sounds like a winner.

Oh yes.
Definatly. All the way. :S

Give me "Lawrence of Arabia" anyday.
(C'mon change of subject....)

Now With Moveable Parts
well...the thread IS about your first theater experience...and we've already shared.So,come up with a spin off post and I'll help you out.I'm gonna make a new thread in a sec...you love it.

The last film I saw at the cinema was Artifical Intelligence...

LAST FILM!! I don't even remember that all that well.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I go away for two days, and WOW, I get a lot of replies to this thread, I wanted to quote sades, but clicked reply and what I originally said doesn't make sense, but I'll make it sensible now.

All of the younger posters here, mercurdius, OG-, Steve N, TWT, etc., are very resourceful
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
yes...I agree.They are.

My first movie at the theater was Harriet the Spy. The only film produced by Nickelodeon worth a look, and not a bad adaptation. I'm *young,* this may tell you, but this WAS the first I saw on the big screen.

oh man, looks like i could be just about any of you guys' mother! but i never think about age....i forget my own...all i know is that men my age are either married, or getting divorced and scoping out 18 to 21 year olds! ah well, i could always be a Mrs. Robinson. or not.

as for movies on the big screen, the one i remember seeing was around the age of seven....freaked me out....The Poseiden Adventure.

i grew up near a huge ol' drive-in theatre called "Big Sky"- what terrific memories....wow, i'm just smiling thinking back...