Changing Lanes

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Since we started talking about this in the other thread I figured Changing Lanes should have its own thread. Well, here ya go.

Jozie, in response to your revenge-rage against revenge-rage...

Go read a review on this or read the plotline and then come back, I think you'll find it's much more than what the trailer tells. This movie deals with...let's all say it together now, ETHICS. Which is never a dull topic to discuss.

By the way, Affleck has done some good roles, but some seem to straggle. Let's hope that for his role as Jack Ryan, he not botch it.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Good, good stuff!
See this movie, its great Ebert and roper were right.
Ben Affleck is GREAT!
Samuel L. Jackson... WONDERFUL!

i loved it, but its really heavy, not an uplifting, fun movie. But great!
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Very, very good movie. The marketing is all wrong for this flick. It's not about payback. It's not a road rage movie. It's a psychological drama...and a hell of a psychological drama at that. Jackson was his usual bad self (and by "bad," I mean "good")...and Affleck, in my opinion, delivered a very strong performance. I don't care what anyone says, the man can act.

Highly recommended. Great performances across the board.

I watched this today. Very, very good, although the ending bothered me a bit...that song was silly. Hit the wrong note, I think. But otherwise, it was actually very surprising, I liked the movie a lot, and it wasn't a vigilante movie at all, which is what I was expecting from the trailer (which was positively dreadful). Ben Affleck's performance is his best (which, to be sure, isn't saying much, but hey, he's really good here), Jackson is powerful, and the movie's burn-all-bridges policy towards big businesses is invigorating: it's nice to see a movie that doesn't gloss over that sort of thing.

and the movie's burn-all-bridges policy towards big businesses is invigorating: it's nice to see a movie that doesn't gloss over that sort of thing.
It'd be more invigorating, IMO, to see a movie that recognizes not only that some businesses are corrupt, but that there are still MANY respectable ones. I'm quite tired of the "wealthy = evil" or "successful = bad" nonsense that's constantly bandied about in most movies. As for glossing over: do movies really do this? Or do they just focus on something else? I can't recall any movie offhand that can be said to be unfairly glossing over the fact that some folks are cut-throat about their business.