John's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Hey guys sorry it took so long but I had to find my voice. I think it's really good. Tell me what you all think.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

This is a better effort, a few grammer errors, keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by John McClane
We all know what makes Christmas memorable; a bit of eggnog, a roaring fire, and a beautiful snow fall. It's a little bit different with New York officer John McClane though. His idea of Christmas is being trapped in a forty-story building with a handful of German terrorists.

John McClane has been a police office for 11 years and his wife, Holly McClane, has moved to Los Angeles. John takes a 3,000-mile trip to spend time with his wife and kids for Christmas. When he arrives, the building is empty except for the guard on the thirtieth floor. While everyone celebrates, terrorist's seize the building without anyone knowing and take the party hostage, but _____ McClane escapes. His wife is also one of the hostages. This is when he makes his stand.

The plot in this movie is suspenseful, fast paced, and filled with lots of gun action. Think of a hardcore James Bond. There’s also a lot of dramatic irony that keeps you on the edge of your seat. This movie has everything a great movie needs: drama, comedy, and gun fights.

The acting is some of the best I have ever seen, especially Alan Rickman, considering ____ this was the first major film Rickman stared in. He portrayed his role as the smart bad guy, Hans Gruber, wonderfully.__I was almost convinced that he was an actual bad guy. Throughout the entire movie Hans seemed to __ have the entire plan already plotted from beginning to end in his head. Rickman has gone down in my book as one of the best actors to portray a villain.

Then you have Bruce Willis, another good actor, playing John McClane. I personally think that this is one of his best leading roles. Willis was probably the best pick by the director______. He brings that extra bit of comic relief to the movie that other actors would lack. A couple of times in the movie I was rolling around on the floor laughing. He’s one of the best actors to star in action movies.

Starring as Holly McClane, John’s wife, Bonnie Bedelia was a great pick. Her portrayal just seems like the kind of woman McClane would marry. The character she portrays changes greatly near the end of the movie. To tell you the truth there’s not much too say about Holly McClane.

The actor Reginald VelJohnson stars as L.A.P.D officer Al Powell who helps McClane out from outside the building. Powell is the friend we wish we all had; the kind of guy you can depend on when you're in deep trouble. His role in the storyline is helping McClane out mentally.

Everybody probably knows by now that I’m a true Die Hard fanatic. I just love it. The acting is great, the story line is perfect, and Willis' comic relief is hilarious. There was only one bad thing about this movie; the arrogant reporter. This movie is always going to be a 5 out 5 in my book. This is definitely a must see movie for any true action film lover. I would recommend this to anyone who loves action, comedy, and truly great actors. Seeing as it_ has already been in theaters, you can only see it on VHS or DVD. I would recommend that you rent this movie or catch it sometime on TV. If you would like to take my word for it, I would recommend you buy this because it’s worth the money. ___________________________. Movies like this show that one man can make a difference. As the great John McClane would say: Yippe Kiyya Motherf*****.
I am not a professional editor or all that gifted with English myself, but I pointed out the glaring grammatical errors that I could see for you anyway (since you asked ). You wrote it from a more personal perspective than your last one, good job.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Hey what's up with the _____ in certain places? And another question how do you get the text to wrap around the picture?

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
I really have no problems with your reviews. You're spelling and grammar doesn't really bother me because we all make mistakes and we later learn to do better.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Die Hard

Movie: Die Hard
Rating: Rated r

Director: John McTiernan
Cast: Bruce Willis
Alan Rickman
Bonnie Bedelia
Reginald VelJohnson

We all know what makes Christmas memorable; a bit of eggnog, a roaring fire, and a beautiful snow fall. It's a little bit different with New York officer John McClane though. His idea of Christmas is being trapped in a forty-story building with a handful of German terrorists.

John McClane has been a police office for 11 years and his wife, Holly McClane, has moved to Los Angeles. John takes a 3,000-mile trip to spend time with his wife and kids for Christmas. When he arrives, the building is empty except for guard, and the thirtieth floor. While everyone celebrates, terrorist’s seize the building without anyone knowing and take the party hostage, but McClane escapes. His wife is also one of the hostages. This is when he makes his stand.

The plot in this movie is suspenseful, fast paced, and filled with lots of gun action. Think of a hardcore James Bond. There’s also a lot of dramatic irony that keeps you on the edge of your seat. This movie has everything a great movie needs drama, comedy, and gun fights.

The acting is some of the best I have ever seen, especially Alan Rickman, considering that this was the first major film Rickman stared in. He portrayed his role as the smart bad guy, Hans Gruber, wonderfully. I was almost convinced that he was an actual bad guy. Throughout the entire movie Hans seemed to have the entire plan already plotted from beginning to end in his head. Rickman has gone down in my book as one of the best actors to portray a villain.

Then you have Bruce Willis, another good actor, playing John McClane. I personally think that this is one of his best leading roles. Willis was probably the best pick by the director. He brings that extra bit of comic relief to the movie that other actors lack. A couple of times in the movie I was rolling around on the floor laughing. He’s one of the better actors for action movies.

Starring as Holly McClane, John’s wife, Bonnie Bedelia was a great pick. Her portrayal just seems like the kind of woman McClane would marry. The character she portrays changes greatly near the end of the movie. To tell you the truth there’s not much too say about Holly McClane.

The actor Reginald VelJohnson stars as L.A.P.D officer Al Powell who helps McClane out from outside the building. Powell is the friend we wish we all had; the kind of guy you can depend on when you’re in deep trouble. His role in the storyline is helping McClane out mentally.

Everybody probably knows by now I’m a true Die Hard fanatic. I just love it. The acting is great, the story line is perfect, and Willis’ comic relief is hilarious. There was only one bad thing about this movie; the arrogant reporter. This movie is always going to be a 5 out 5 in my book. This is definitely a must see movie for any true action film lover. I would recommend this to anyone who loves action, comedy, and truly great actors. Seeing as it has already been in theaters, you can only see it on VHS or DVD. I would recommend that you rent this movie or catch it sometime on TV. If you would like to take my word for it, I would recommend you buy this because it’s worth the movie. Movies like this show that one man can make a difference. As the great John McClane would say: Yippe Kiyya Motherf*****.

Could I have everyone's attention please. My next review will be on one of my favorite Star Trek movies; Star Trek: Nemesis.

Originally Posted by T-850
I really have no problems with your reviews. You're spelling and grammar doesn't really bother me because we all make mistakes and we later learn to do better.
What do you think though?

Originally Posted by T-850
I have no problems with them either, but he asks for help.

Originally Posted by John McClain
Hey what's up with the _____ in certain places?
Those are omitted words or sentences.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
What do you think though?
I enjoyed reading your October Sky and Die Hard review. Let me start out by saying that I saw October Sky a long time ago and I enjoyed the movie. I remember seeing Homer and his father not having such a good relationship because his dad thought the rocket idea was ridiculous. No support from anyone except from his teacher and his friends. The ending was wonderful. Homer's dad is present to see his son's rocket launch into the sky.

As for Die Hard, its a good action movie. It's one of the films that made Bruce Willis famous. This is also a movie that I haven't seen in a while. But when I do have a chance, I'll rent it when I go to my local video store.

DVD Cover

"A Generation’s Final Journey Begins”

Movie: Star Trek: Nemesis

Rating: Rated pg13

Director: Stuart Baird

Release Date: December 13, 2002

Cast: Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Brent Spiner, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, and Tom Hardy

The crew of the Enterprise are back in this action packed sci-fi adventure entitled, Star Trek: Nemesis. The film starts out with the crew celebrating, Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) and William Riker’s (Jonathan Frakes) marriage. After the party, the crew heads for the couple’s “just married” party. While in root the crew picks up a signal that gives proof of there being an android on Remus. Captain Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) would like to check it out. After diverting coarse he gets an assignment from Star Fleet. The Romulans new leader, Shinzon (Tom Hardy) wants peace and Jean-Luc is assigned as the Federation’s emissary. When they arrive they find out a shocking secret, Jean-Luc has been cloned. After finding out this out the crew of the Enterprise sets off, in this action packed flick, as they start another journey that may be their last.

This chapter of the Star Trek generation is one of the best since, Wrath of Khan. It has some great similarities from Wrath of Khan: a great villain, good acting, good plot, dramatic irony, and a wonderful friendship.

The first time I was watching this movie I noticed three actors were playing their roles wonderfully. The first one that came too mind was, Tom Hardy as Shinzon. He portrayed his role of villain wonderfully and I give him two thumbs up for his portrayal. He adds an extra bit of evilness to the movie that most novice actors can’t do. At the same time he is able to fool you into thinking he might actually be good. At first I just thought he’d be some amateur actor that wouldn’t be worth the part. I’m unable to decide who should be number the second best so the next two are tied.

Patrick Stewart, acting as Jean-Luc for his fourth time, is a great pick. His older age makes the characters seem smarter. Since this is his fourth time portraying, Captain of the Enterprise, I have grown use to the characters wise decisions and reckless behaviors. Since he’s a veteran actor, he gives the cast a more professional look.

Face To Face
The final actor, who I would like to give credit to, is Brent Spiner as Data. He is the greatest pick for this role. Personally I thought he had the hardest role to portray because, he had to have no emotions what so ever. Imagine not laughing or anything else for about a week. That’s how tough it must have been. Since I was use to him playing as, Data, I really wouldn’t know if anyone could do it better. I also believe that he’s the only person that looks good with the silver skin fashion. I can’t really imagine some other actor, like Bruce Willis, having silver skin.

This Star Trek film has a much better plot then some of the other ones I’ve seen, not as well as Wrath of Khan though. I was on the edge if my seat for suspenseful two hours. A couple of times I yelled “No don’t do that. It’s a trap.” Believe it or not, I actually said those out loud. That’s how much you’re hooked when you watch it. After seeing it, twenty times, I still find myself muttering “No don’t.” Not only is this film suspenseful it’s touching. Seeing Data and Jean-Luc creating a stronger friendship was one of the highlights of the movie for me. All though this movie has its strong points, it does have a few weak ones.

When I saw the trailer for this film, I was hooked. There are only really two reasons why. One of them is the fact that I’m a very big Star Trek fan. The other one is just that it looked good. I personally think it’s the latter of the two though.

Once it came out I was at movies for the first day it was showing. I was amazed at how good the movie really was. I loved everything about the film except, the ending. It was one of the saddest endings for a Star Trek film I’ve seen. I was shocked at how sudden it happened. Once it happened you were most likely thinking “No that’s impossible.” That’s all I’m going to say about that. Even though it has a sad ending I still believe it to be a great film.

I highly recommend that you rent this movie. Don’t buy it before you see it. The reason I say this is that if you’re not a Star Trek fan it’s one of those movies you would want to rent before you buy. Even though I said this you can trust my opinion, on how good this movie is, and buy it. If you’re not one of sci-fi guys then you should stay far away from this one. If you are one of those guys you’ll be highly disappointed. I really don’t have that much more to say about this movie because; I don’t think there’s anything bad that you can really say. I hope that you take my opinions to thought as you make ,yet another, trip the rental store.

Finally after a long effort, I finished my Star Trek: Nemesis review. I also slacked off a bit but, that's beside the point. Tell me what you think.

By the way you guys can call me Matt or Matthew, if you want to. Heck if you want to, you can call me Bubba.

Oh and another thing. I got one of my English teachers to proof-read my reviews and she said "Bring anything you do on the side and I'll check it."

So I won't need any feed back on proof-reading. Thanks for the help though. Ya'll are great.

One more thing by the way. I'm going on spring break this coming week. Heck yeah, no school. I hope to get at least one review in but I'm going to shoot for two. I'm going to the movies all week. Boo Ya. Well I better get ready last day of school is almost over just three more hours.

Oh and another thing. I got one of my English teachers to proof-read my reviews and she said "Bring anything you do on the side and I'll check it."

So I won't need any feed back on proof-reading. Thanks for the help though. Ya'll are great.

You meant "site", not "side". And "feedback" is one word, unless you meant you didn't want to get back any feed for your chickens and such. Guess you didn't give this little post to anyone to proof-read, huh?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!

Did she proofread your Star Trek review?
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10