Look Who's Talking reboot

Tools    

https://deadline.com/2019/07/look-wh...ms-1202643156/

"Sony Pictures’ Screen Gems is rebooting Look Who’s Talking, the 1989 TriStar comedy that starred Kirstie Alley as a single career woman left alone to give birth to a baby fathered by a married man (George Segal), with John Travolta playing a cab driver who becomes part of this makeshift family, and Bruce Willis voicing the tot named Mikey.

Jeremy Garelick is set to write and direct, and Adam Fields will produce. Garelick is just getting underway with the writing. As was the case with his hit film The Wedding Ringer — also for Screen Gems — Garelick’s looking at a version that will allow for a diverse cast. Amy Heckerling wrote and directed the original, a sleeper hit that cost $7.5 million and grossed nearly $300 million worldwide. It spawned two sequels and a spinoff TV series. Fields produced The Wedding Ringer and such films as Donnie Darko.

What excited me about doing is, I have four kids, including twins, and this is something they can watch, and share some of the experience I had with my wife,” Garelick said. “Like, figuring out how to raise these kids, with all the mistakes that happen. Add in the voices that are keyed to facial expressions, it just really seems like a fun idea. Everyone can relate to babies. The challenge is, that was a really good movie, Travolta and Kirstie Alley had great chemistry and Amy Heckerling wrote a great script. We’re in the early stages of figuring out what the story is for the modern version of the movie.

Scott Strauss and Brian Dukes are overseeing for Screen Gems. Garelick is repped as director by UTA and lawyered by Morris Yorn."

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well if they are going to do it, perhaps Jason Statham would be a good choice to voice the baby's thoughts?

It's Only Weird If You Make It Weird
This has "we're going to miss the mark" written all over it.

I don't mind this reboot, making it relevant to today changes it enough to make it almost it's own thing.....

...if done correctly

As long as the baby doesn't end up "driving" an Uber, I'd watch it

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
People gonna be pissed if they don't include the conception scene.

Take away the chemistry of the actors and Willis, this isn't that hard to do again.

People love babies.

People gonna be pissed if they don't include the conception scene.

Take away the chemistry of the actors and Willis, this isn't that hard to do again.

People love babies.
Especially Anthony Jeselnik lol

This is going to be terrible.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa