David Lynch

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Perhaps forced wasn't exactly the right word, but I do feel Cage was more natural in his role than any other cast member.

What I mean to address is that ALL the acting in that film is extremely exaggerated, especially Cage's, and that's not a criticism because it was a main element of the film that added the outrageous-americana-absurdism-black comedy drive of it. It's a lot of excess, and the acting supports it.

I suppose, but I guess I'm just used to Cage's style of crazy acting, that I didn't take much notice of it. It doesn't really matter, because I didn't care for Wild At Heart much.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Certain parts of the movie are so grungy-looking, it's impossible to "see". I'll admit that a couple of the early scenes at the house are beautifully-lit-and-composed, but after awhile, the video camera just goes off... allegedly into a journey to the "Inland Empire", and that doesn't mean Riverside and/or San Bernardino.

I am a fan of his films and surreal movies and stuff in general.
Inland Empire is the best,one of the weirdest and scariest films ever made.
Eraserhead,weird,but nothing in compare with IE.
Mullhoald Drive-did not like it.
Twin Peaks:the movie-very good film
Blue Velvet-very good movie
Lost Highway-did not like it
Elephant man and Dune are also great,but not surreal.
I am left to watch Straight Story and Wild at Heart

Little off-topic question:
Is there a topic for surreal,weird movies?

I've got myself a 3 hour extended copy of Dune, which I have heard is his worst film, but a lot of the time, I seem to love a director's "lesser" work more than their "acclaimed" work.

More people seem to like the extended version more than the cinema release. Which is understandable, but that version of Dune was ****. Not that I think I'd think much more of an extended version. It's really not my thing.

A system of cells interlinked
I like Dune well enough, but that flick has issues, for sure. While I think Lunch absolutely nailed the tone of the book, I am of the mind that Dune is not something that plays well on screen. To much inner contemplation and quiet character development to make for an interesting Science Fiction film, IMO. That said, it's a fantastic book.

I've got myself a 3 hour extended copy of Dune, which I have heard is his worst film, but a lot of the time, I seem to love a director's "lesser" work more than their "acclaimed" work.
I have never heard anyone call it his worst.
But it definitely has a its own cult status & I feel it deserves every bit of it.

I have never read the books, but I am certain it isn't an easy adaptation..
I'd love to see Lynch try another hand at mainstream sci-fi.. Neuromancer perhaps?

I have never heard anyone call it his worst.
But it definitely has a its own cult status & I feel it deserves every bit of it.

I have never read the books, but I am certain it isn't an easy adaptation..
I'd love to see Lynch try another hand at mainstream sci-fi.. Neuromancer perhaps?
It's much more critically derided than his other films, except for maybe Inland Empire. Regardless, I really want to see it.

I like Dune. Better than that by-the-numbers Sci-fi channel remake, for sure. Lynch's Dune was maybe muddled but it had style.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

If I had an extra few million $ lying around that I didn't have to see a return on, I'd produce a David Lynch movie. I really like David. But, that's not going to happen... anytime soon.

I was sort of positive that Neuromancer would get made during the mid to late 90s Hollywood cyberpunk craze.
But I am guessing the novel has served as an inspiration for so many cyberpunk films that noone would take it as an original & compare to the stuff that it inspired.

Yet, I'd love to see these guys adapt it:
Lynch
Cronenberg
Duncan Jones
Aronofsky
Nolan
Spike Jonze
Gondry
JJ Abrams
Sam Mendes

50 minutes of deleted scenes from BLUE VELVET is now available on YouTube. Search for it!

I believe the footage is also on the blu-ray edition of the film.