🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
That's John Colicos, who played the Klingon Kor and Baltar on Battlestar Galactica. What are the photos from?
Bingo! The screenshots are from an episode of Charlie's Angels.

John Colicos as Commander Kor

Errand of Mercy

Isn't that Dr. Vangelder (sp?) from Dagger of the Mind. He also played the evil, evil! Captain Tracy in The Omega Glory.

Bingo!

The Omega Glory

Dagger of the Mind

My name? My name is UGH... Simon Van Gelder.

Dagger of the Mind was the first episode to employ the Vulcan mind meld.

I never understood why most people seem to dislike the episode "The Savage Curtain". I wouldn't put it in my top 10 episodes, but I like it.

The thing I didn't like about The Savage Curtain was the plot. A molten creature luring the crew of the Enterprise to the surface of the planet in order to see how they react in a fight scenario seemed weak to me. I did like the Lincoln character though.

Now compare this episode with The Arena. In it, an advanced being staged a fight between Captain Kirk and the captain of the Gorn ship. In that episode, the Enterprise chased after the Gorn in order to punish them for destroying an outpost. When both ships were halted by the superior being, the two captains were brought to a planet so that the two of them can fight it out, one on one. There was more of a plot in that episode, and it's one of my favorites.

A little too easy:
1. The Priceline commercial guy formerly known as TJ Hooker
2. Father Know's Best Oldest Daughter: "Princess"
3. That guy from Babylon 5
4. "Oh MY!"

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The thing I didn't like about The Savage Curtain was the plot. A molten creature luring the crew of the Enterprise to the surface of the planet in order to see how they react in a fight scenario seemed weak to me. I did like the Lincoln character though.

Now compare this episode with The Arena. In it, an advanced being staged a fight between Captain Kirk and the captain of the Gorn ship. In that episode, the Enterprise chased after the Gorn in order to punish them for destroying an outpost. When both ships were halted by the superior being, the two captains were brought to a planet so that the two of them can fight it out, one on one. There was more of a plot in that episode, and it's one of my favorites.

"Arena" is definitely a better episode than "The Savage Curtain", but I just think that "The Savage Curtain" is a better episode than most people give it credit. It's a classic battle of good vs. evil story, and the addition of Lincoln gives it an emotional edge that we can relate to.

I'm kind of tired of Arena myself. I liked it the fist half dozen times I seen it, but by now it doesn't offer any concepts other than a fight for survival. And the aliens in that episode suck!

I'm kind of tired of Arena myself. I liked it the fist half dozen times I seen it, but by now it doesn't offer any concepts other than a fight for survival. And the aliens in that episode suck!

I like in "Arena" that Kirk has to figure out how to use his brain to beat the Gorn. He obviously can't beat him by fighting him because the Gorn is much stronger than he is, but he knows that he's on a planet with all kinds of precious minerals, and he has to remember what he knows about them to create a makeshift weapon to beat the Gorn. It's not about the fight itself. It's a classic brains vs. brawn story.

I like in "Arena" that Kirk has to figure out how to use his brain to beat the Gorn. He obviously can't beat him by fighting him because the Gorn is much stronger than he is, but he knows that he's on a planet with all kinds of precious minerals, and he has to remember what he knows about them to create a makeshift weapon to beat the Gorn. It's not about the fight itself. It's a classic brains vs. brawn story.
I like that too. Have you seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars? There's a scene where he has to find minerals to survive that must have inspired Arena as it's very similar.

I like that too. Have you seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars? There's a scene where he has to find minerals to survive that must have inspired Arena as it's very similar.

No, I haven't seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars, but I added to my watchlist when it was nominated in the current Sci-Fi HoF. (I've been trying to watch some HoF movies even though I haven't joined the HoFs.)

No, I haven't seen Robinson Crusoe on Mars, but I added to my watchlist when it was nominated in the current Sci-Fi HoF. (I've been trying to watch some HoF movies even though I haven't joined the HoFs.)
It has a really cute monkey named Mona, with some touching (nice) scenes between Mona and the man (Robinson Crusoe). It's not real exciting but me and my wife really like it.

It has a really cute monkey named Mona, with some touching (nice) scenes between Mona and the man (Robinson Crusoe). It's not real exciting but me and my wife really like it.

It sounds like it could be my type of movie. I don't usually care if a movie isn't exciting, as long as it has a good enough story and likable characters that hold my interest.

I haven't joined a HoF in a while, so I was thinking about joining the 2nd Animation HoF that's starting soon, but I have a feeling that there may be a few more anime movies than I'd like to watch.

1. Shameless line stealer
2. Hot dead alien chick
3. B5's Top Psi Cop
4. One of best Captains in Starfleet...he needed his own ST series!
"Fly her apart then!"
(One of my favorite lines in all of ST!)

Wrong thread, (but for the like-minded) -

Was watching Lost in Space on ME-TV the other night and this scene came on:
Will and Judy singing "Sloop John B." I don't remember ever seeing this before!

The amazing thing is how good they sounded and how well they harmonized!
Also unusual was that Will and Judy rarely had too many scenes together with just the two of them. I had no idea that Billy (only a young teenager at the time) and Marta could sing so well! Allegedly, Billy is doing the actual guitar playing.

The video, btw, is flipped (like a mirror image) from the way it appeared on TV (perhaps for copyright purposes?) and someone edited in pictures of the Earth and moon during the song which weren't there originally - I wish they'd left it as it was.

It sounds like it could be my type of movie. I don't usually care if a movie isn't exciting, as long as it has a good enough story and likable characters that hold my interest.

I haven't joined a HoF in a while, so I was thinking about joining the 2nd Animation HoF that's starting soon, but I have a feeling that there may be a few more anime movies than I'd like to watch.
What Rules didn't tell you (and which may make you really want to see it) is Adam West has a small part in the movie!