Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I cant believe pure films like Oh Brother, Scream, and Eyes Wide Shut was mentioned on this string yet I saw no garbage like...

How to Lose a Guy in 7 days
The Sweetest Thing
BioDome
Girlfight
Revenge of the Nerds 4
The Karate Kid 4
Enough with JLO
Giggli
Leprecahn Lost in Space

House of the Dead was funny for a little bit but eventually, I just grew bored and went and did something else. Also I kept falling in and out of sleep watching Van Helsing, but this could be more due to the fact that I started watching it at 11:30 after painting all day long, or maybe it really did just suck.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Also I kept falling in and out of sleep watching Van Helsing, but this could be more due to the fact that I started watching it at 11:30 after painting all day long, or maybe it really did just suck.
No it really did just suck.

You gotta be real stoned to enjoy Leprecahn Lost in Space. Probably need some acid in your system too. I made it about 30 minutes into the film before I abonded all hope.

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
The first scream flick is a classic. The beginning scene with Drew Berrymore is glorious.
Originally Posted by MICHAEL MYERS
Screw scream to hell i hate that crap. jus kidding i liked the 1st one and the 2nd and 3rd were alright.
EXCELLENT...............EXCELLENT...........EXCELLENT

Originally Posted by mario12122
Kill Bill WAs absolutely awful i cant believe people actually liked it. And yes i "understood" it.
Amen Mario. You said it all.

Originally Posted by Escape
EXCELLENT...............EXCELLENT...........EXCELLENT
I wouldn't go as far to say Scream is a classic. It was good, a new interpretation about how fukked up horror movies are to watch repeatedly in general but Scream is no horror classic, if you can call it a horror movie. I thought the first I know what you did last summer was better. Didn't like either them incredibly though.

Frankly I'm a little disappointed that you didn't like the scream trilogy.
Anyways, what were you thinking when you went to 2 and 3 if you couldn't finish the first one.
I wonder why. Is that a Scream mask for your portrait? ha ha ha. I'm just kiddin with ya

That movie had such potential yet it was such a disappointment.
The ending sucked eggs. I got a similar disappointing ending from Stephen King's "IT".
I disagree. I thought the dreamcatcher was one of the best horror movies in years. I think one thing people have to understand about stephen King is he doesn't write like most horror movie writers do. He attacks the psychological part of the audience for the scares. He goes for the brain, the rationalizing side to scare you. I think his movies are genius and I loved all of his. Not to say I read his books. I don't. I'll admit I don't but man, his movies are great. He doesn't rely on the blood or the startles or any of that. It's all in your head and that's how he writes it. I'll always stand up for Stephen King because I don't think a lot of people appreciate how much of a horror genius he really is.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Groundhog Day
This is a movie my husband LOVES. I've tried to watch it three times with him and each time I'll fallen asleep. I do stay up a little longer each time.....so maybe one day I'll acually see it to the end.
I definately recommend that movie and would suggest to you my dear it wouldn't not be in your interest to watch it all the way through. I always loved the movie since I first saw it. It's a tricky movie to figure out what exactly the plot is and how he accomplished it but I think it makes it even a greater movie for that. Not to mention funny ha ha ha.

"You okay kid? I've caught you out of this tree everyday and you have never thanked me!" -Kid runs away- "So, I'll see ya tomorrow!"

Bug Planet Proximus
one of the greatest things about scream (or to a lesser extent, the scream trilogy) was that it had a cynical look on the old slasher movies and used a clever script to pay respects to them.
and i think it is safe to call it a classic. i mean it only totally rejuvenated the slasher teen movie genre of the nineties.

the most dissapointingly boring movie i have seen in the past while was Cool Movie with brad pitt
i was expecting to see who framed roger rabbit 2, but instead got a reeking plie of ****.
i didnt get past the 6th minute, ive never been so sure of the crappiness of a movie so quickly before.

XXX
girlfight
the fu manchu movies
several bond films
finding nemo
ice age
princess blade
etc etc
much of this list is based on predictability and movies so predictable that i couldnt bother to continue watching it. of course there are many other peices of **** i have started to watch while channel surfing and couldnt bare to continue the torture

Fell asleep in Harry Potter 3 and Lep 4 was quite franky....amazing, even better with drugs in your system...like Kyuss

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I disagree. I thought the dreamcatcher was one of the best horror movies in years. I think one thing people have to understand about stephen King is he doesn't write like most horror movie writers do. He attacks the psychological part of the audience for the scares. He goes for the brain, the rationalizing side to scare you. I think his movies are genius and I loved all of his. Not to say I read his books. I don't. I'll admit I don't but man, his movies are great. He doesn't rely on the blood or the startles or any of that. It's all in your head and that's how he writes it. I'll always stand up for Stephen King because I don't think a lot of people appreciate how much of a horror genius he really is.
WARNING!! SPOILERS FROM "DREAMCATCHER" AND "IT"!
Then this is how he should have ended the movie "IT". Not with the lot of them tearing it apart with their bear hands like a bunch of children.
As for dreamcather. It was awsome untill about the last 10 minutes. Another movie ending with a dumbass looking alien creature.

Originally Posted by D'yer Mak'er
one of the greatest things about scream (or to a lesser extent, the scream trilogy) was that it had a cynical look on the old slasher movies and used a clever script to pay respects to them.
and i think it is safe to call it a classic. i mean it only totally rejuvenated the slasher teen movie genre of the nineties.
Well said.

I tired to sit through Kids but it had no subtitles and I couldn't tell what the guys were saying

**is totally square**

WARNING!! SPOILERS FROM "DREAMCATCHER" AND "IT"!
Then this is how he should have ended the movie "IT". Not with the lot of them tearing it apart with their bear hands like a bunch of children.
As for dreamcather. It was awsome untill about the last 10 minutes. Another movie ending with a dumbass looking alien creature.
I thought the alien was good and it's not his fault. King didn't make the movie.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I thought the alien was good and it's not his fault. King didn't make the movie.
I wasn't faulting king for the movie. It's just that I though that both aliens looked like they came from a b movie. The mystery of what these things were all about was building up gradually through this film and in the end it's just some plant with legs. I wish it was more original thats all.

Mrs. BDT to y'all
i always find it difficult to watch the godfather movies all the way through, purely because each one takes so long to explain the story in too much detail and they're so damn long

Originally Posted by Carissima
i always find it difficult to watch the godfather movies all the way through, purely because each one takes so long to explain the story in too much detail and they're so damn long
blashphemor!
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I've never walked out of a theater.

However, I've turned off rentals, or I've walked out of the room.

Here are a few I can remember doing that with recently:

Second Hand Lions

My Fair Lady
(stopped watching at the intermission, and had no interest in watching the rest).

Equilibrium
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10