The 2nd Science Fiction Hall of Fame

Tools    

...I have three movies in mind, two of them I really want to re-watch, and the other is one I really want more people to check out.
I was wondering if you were still around as I haven't seen you in an HoF for awhile. Hope you can join.

Also, the layout and format are stunning. And just to let you know Cosmic, they do play a role in getting more people (or maybe just me) interested, so great job!
I noticed how she gradated the color palette in her graphics from left to right and picked up those same colors in the middle and bottom sections of the graphics. All of which is very impressive, looks neat too

Not much time at the moment to join. Availability is also a problem atm too.
That's cool Hopefully when the noms are revealed you'll pop in and talk about the films (if you've seen them and I bet you've seen a LOT of sci fi) Same goes for @Captain Steel, I know he's a big fan of sci fi and you don't have to join an HoF to participate in the discussion. I love sci fi myself, perhaps more than any other genre, which is probably why I have like a 100 films I'm considering

Like Citizen said, everyone is welcome to drop in and talk about any of the nominations, or even tangentially related films.

If anyone wants to play along, watching and reviewing the films without "officially" joining as a sort of trial run to see if they would be able to keep up the pace, then that's cool as well. It's always interesting to see everyone's different perspectives on the nominations, so more voices in those discussions are always appreciated.

I'm definitely in too, I'll send my nom through tomorrow.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Looks like we're going to have a very good size HoF!!

I've rewatched both of my nomination candidates now. They're still more or less good but I'm not sure if they're really something I want to nominate. If nothing else comes to mind I'll probably go with the weirder and more B-movie of those two but there's still time.

I've rewatched both of my nomination candidates now. They're still more or less good but I'm not sure if they're really something I want to nominate.
That's the same problem I'm having. I rewatched about a dozen films (plus a couple new ones), but wasn't really feeling any of them. If I can't find something by Friday, I'll just go with an old favourite, so I'm not worrying about it yet.

Would be pretty funny if the host couldn't find a nomination though haha.

I'm not sure if I should rep that or not. I want to for the hearing what people have to say part, but I didn't want to make it look like I was agreeing with the first bit haha.

I'll rep him cause I'm in the same boat. I'm sure the nom I'm learning towards won't do well either especially with younger members who might be more attuned to the current style of sci fi film making, and that's totally OK because HoFs are about the experience and no one wins. I'm happy if at least one person can connect to my nom. Myself I enjoy watching a variety of films that are selected by the members as it's interesting in how different we all are in our movie taste. So it's all good!

I'm still watching some sci-fis too, but I probably will go with a long time favorite that's not a well known film but I think it has special merit. I do have a sci fi coming from Netflix DVD that might be real good.

My nom likely won’t win, but like rauldc14 said I’d like to here people’s opinions.

HoFs are about the experience and no one wins. I'm happy if at least one person can connect to my nom. Myself I enjoy watching a variety of films that are selected by the members as it's interesting in how different we all are in our movie taste. So it's all good!
I was going to say something similar, but couldn't get it worded right so I didn't bother haha. Basically I always hope that at least one other person will find something interesting about my film, but even if it turns out to be unpopular, I like seeing the different perspectives, especially when they bring up something I didn't even notice about the film.

Also, science fiction films tend to incorporate a number of themes or philosophical elements that can be interpreted different ways, so I'm particularly looking forward to what everyone has to say regarding them.

If we're bringing back sci-fi films that did poorly in other HoFs, maybe I should try Planeta Bur again. It literally couldn't do any worse than it did in the Russian HoF, since it's already at rock bottom.

(don't worry raul I wouldn't do that to you, I know you disliked it the first time haha)