Favourite Movie Quotes

Tools    

The Howling

Eddie Quist (Robert Picardo)......"I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind. I trusted you, Karen."

Another one of my favorites is from The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover:

Georgina: "Try the c**k, Albert. It's a delicacy, and you know where it's been."

This might just do nobody any good.
“I’d hate to take a bite out of you. You’re a cookie full of arsenic.”

I don't actually wear pants.
"Won't he hear us?"
"Not if we stay in his baffles, Seaman Beaumont, not if we stay in his baffles. Come in behind his propellors and he's deaf as a post!"

"What's going on, Jonesy?"
"Russian captains sometimes turn suddenly to see if anyone's behind 'em. We call it a Ca-razy Ivan. All you can do is go dead, shut everything down, make like a hole in the water."
"So what's the catch?"
"Catch is, boat this big doesn't exactly stop on a dime. If we're too close, we can drift right into the back of him."

"Sir, we have a level-one radiation leak on all compartments. Simply changing the air won't do it. We have to get the men off. Sir, we have been sabotaged."
"Who said anything about sabotage?"
"Captain!"

"What are you talking about? Check the gear."
"Running diagnostics now, Captain."
WHIRR. CLICK CLICK.
"Sonar's working, Captain. There he was, 4000 yards off the bow, and for a second there, I thought I heard..."
"Heard what?"
"I thought I heard singing, sir."
"Singing?"
"Yes, sir."

"Gunfire?!"
"That's what it sounded like, sir."

"Estimated range, 3000 yards, closing awfully fast."

"What the hell happened?"
"Come on. This is no longer a research project."

"When I was twelve, I helped my daddy build a bomb shelter in our basement because some fool parked a dozen warheads 90 miles off the coast of Florida. This thing could park a couple hundred warheads off of Washington and New York and no one would know a thing about it until it was all over."

"You know, I've seen me a mermaid once. I even seen a shark eat a octopus. But I never seen no phantom Russian submarine."

"You son of a bitch! You-hoo-hoo son of a bitch!"

Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies. I will be hoping that this letter finds you, and finds you well.

Practically anything from Shawshank Redemption is pure gold!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Practically anything from Shawshank Redemption is pure gold!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ditto.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

"Well that's just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that. What is wrong with Giving Tree here?"

"Really? Well, on my planet, we have a legend about people like you. It's called Footloose. And in it, a great hero, named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that, dancing, well, is the greatest thing there is."

"I am going to die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy."

"Why'd ya have it lick you like that? Gross!"

"Well, I come from a planet of outlaws: Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos."

"You look like Mary Poppins."

"He may have been your father, boy, but he wasn't your daddy."

"You shouldn't have killed my mom and squished my Walkman."

"There are two types of beings in the universe, those who dance, and those who do not."

"Sometimes, the thing you've been looking for your whole life is right there beside you all along."

"You people have issues."

"That's why you don't like hats?"

"You like a professional ******* or what?, Pretty much a pro."

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry! I just keep imagining you waking up in the morning, sir, looking in the mirror and then in all seriousness saying to yourself, "You know what would be a really kick-ass name? Taserface!"

"I'm sorry. I took it too far. I meant trash panda."

"When you're ugly, and someone loves you, you know they love you for who you are... Beautiful people never know who to trust."

"You don't have to believe in yourself because I believe in you."

movies can be okay...
I'm not the biggest fan of the film, but I really like the phrase stated by the main character of Brigsby Bear: "I've been an outlaw since I came to this world"
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

"that's the trouble with mothers. first you get to like them, and then they die." Kay Francis in Trouble in Paradise
"I wouldn't fall for another man if he was the biggest crook on earth." MIriam Hopkins in Trouble in Paradise
"I seem to have got a little plastered." Joan Sims in Carry On Up the Khyber.

"You a bounty hunter?"
"man's got to do something for a livin"
"dying aint much of a livin boy"

"They're moving in herds. They do move in herds."

Kill Bill: The Bride: "You and l have unfinished business!"

Thanos: I know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately that you’re right, yet to fail nonetheless. As lightning turns the legs to jelly. I ask you to what end? Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same. And now, it’s here. Or should I say, I am.
Thor: You talk too much.