Pets

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
A coworker just texted me about a pit stray in her neighborhood. They have him boarded for now, updates vaccines, etc. She tried to call the number on the tag but they claim the lady is no longer living there (or something similar). They've posted to FB and local shelter groups to see if anyone has lost him but no luck so far. She thought I would want him after losing Puppy but I'm not at all interested. Too, she's probably a 12-hour drive from me.

I know this is not the purpose of the thread, but if any of you kats are in the N. Caroline area and want a dog, yn can hook ya up.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Found this small dog bed thrown out on a downtown street. Washed & dried it today & Kandy claimed it as her own right away.

Said goodbye to Goldie today. We've had him since the day he was born - 16 years. We kept all the kittens (3 of 'em) from that litter and he is the first to go.

Said goodbye to Goldie today. We've had him since the day he was born - 16 years. We kept all the kittens (3 of 'em) from that litter and he is the first to go.
Sorry to hear the sad news, you clearly gave him a good flowerpot home and I'm sure he appreciated that.

Said goodbye to Goldie today. We've had him since the day he was born - 16 years.
So sorry for your loss, but you gave Goldie a wonderfully long life. There’s nothing cuter than ginger kittens IMO.

The funny thing (not really, but...) about losing a pet, is if you have more than one the others don't know how to handle all the extra affection they get for a couple days. It's like having a substitute teacher - they can get away with almost anything.

Praying like crazy that me & our local shelter can trap an orange cat on Wednesday who is feeding in our backyard. It will be the 2nd time we have tried. She may be pregnant & I am terrified she will drop these kittens before we get her inside. She is tame (but feisty because she is stressed) & she deserves TLC. My neighbors who got evicted quite some time ago left her behind.

If I can get her trapped & into the shelter on Wednesday, I will feel I have exerted some control over these frightening times.

Good thing to do regardless, but yeah, what a lovely thing that would be right now. God bless and good luck with that.
Thank you so much. Last time we tried, Murphy’s Law, she did not appear. I am so anxious about the entire thing. Will be praying like crazy the day before.

What a day. First, I went to Stop and Shop since it occurred to me there may be a run on cat food. Glad I did since there was a run on Fancy Feast wet food, especially meat flavors. This is what I buy so glad I went today rather than leave it until Friday. So I spent $125 on Fancy Feast cans & I looked like the veritable spinster cat lady with my cart full of cans. God knows how many I bought. At least 100. Quite a few people noticed my cart.

So then I went home & then came back for what I wanted. (I don’t drive so can only carry so much.) Never in my life have I been to a supermarket twice in one day. But I saw things there that I need, but they had a limited quantity so that’s why I returned. I might pop into Whole Foods on Friday for a couple of things they sell, but, really, I am done food shopping for the foreseeable future.

Thank you so much. Last time we tried, Murphy’s Law, she did not appear. I am so anxious about the entire thing. Will be praying like crazy the day before.
The dear Lord listened to my prayers & in 5 minutes we were done & dusted.

Kitty was so hungry because she did not come last night. Found her outside my front door this morning, which never happened before. So I got a bowl of wet food & easily enticed her into my small foyer. Had to wait for my “cat whisperer” to arrive with a carrier, but we easily got kitty into carrier. She had eaten the entire bowl of food & was very calm.

I will pay all her expenses now & it will be interesting to know if she is already spayed (I doubt it) or if she is pregnant. When she’s released from vet care, hopefully she will enter the shelter for adoption. If she’s not adoptable, she will have to return to my backyard, but I doubt this is going to happen.