The top 10 ex-Yugoslav movies list

Tools    

Di je Karlo?
1. Čudna devojka (1962)
2. Tri (1965)
3. Čovek nije tica (1965)
4. Kako su se voleli Romeo i Julija? (1966)
5. Buđenje pacova (1967)
47. Tako se kalio celik (1988)
48. Vreme cuda (1989)
49. Sveto mesto (1990)
50. Video jela, zelen bor (TV Movie 1991)
Imagine how much IMDB diving this took

Di je Karlo?
I think I'll redo this list some day. The descriptions are terrible, and after seeing When the Dead Start Singing and Roundabout, I figured there was a lot more movies to see. I'll expand it into either a top 15 or 20, depending on what I find.

@Nemanja how did you find all these? Were you digging through IMDb like me, or what?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
#2 - H-8...

H-8...

The second case of 50's Croatia beating a famous american auteur to the punch. This time, we beat James Cameron to Titanic and Quentin Tarantino to basically all of his movies. We created a drama in which we know someone will die in the end, and which has some of the slickest, best-wirtten dialogue you'll ever hear.
That, and I dare you to find me a movie with a better exposition sequence. It starts off like a news story, objective and full of statistics, but grows in tension, and eventually judgement, as the disaster draws closer. It left me literally breathless. It lets up for the majority of its runtime, and tenses up again at just the right time. Again, you can sense some influence from Hitchcock, but H-8 never feels like it's ripping off anything. It's just an amazing movie that every fan of old-school thrillers should see.

If I were to check out some Yugoslavian movies, it would be the older stuff like this. I'm sure your thread is the reason why it's on my watch-list, but I must have had trouble finding it, but will look again. Thanks!

Di je Karlo?
If I were to check out some Yugoslavian movies, it would be the older stuff like this. I'm sure your thread is the reason why it's on my watch-list, but I must have had trouble finding it, but will look again. Thanks!
No problem. H-8 is right here, but the rest will be harder to find. I don't think there's any versions of the man to kill and Ciguli Miguli with subtitles