GUESTS are scary

Tools    

i'm always amazed at the amount of GUESTS at MoFo....i thought i'd show you some of the weird things they do

look at this screenshot...2 "guests" adding members to their buddy list mee thinks some of you members visit the boards in stealth mode
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	weird guests.gif
Views:	469
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	853  

That is odd.... next thing ya know, we'll catch the guests sleeping here, getting drunk, getting laid, giving birth, murdering other guests, flying UFOs, going to the bathroom in the Sequels forum....

Originally posted by n7of9
look at this screenshot...2 "guests" adding members to their buddy list mee thinks some of you members visit the boards in stealth mode
Depends on whatcha mean. Some members (for whatever reason) log in in "Invisible" mode, which only a privileged few possess the magic glasses to see through.

If you mean that perhaps a few members forget to login before trying to do things, like subscribe to a thread, or add someone to their buddy list, then yeah, it's possible...though it's more likely it's just some Guest playing around to see what they can and cannot do.

Cray zay.

So you can actually see which member whether invisible or not? What else can you do Chris? tell me what I had for breakfast and what socks im wearing? Im telling you this guy has the power to do all sorts of freaky sh_it

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by n7of9
i'm always amazed at the amount of GUESTS at MoFo....i thought i'd show you some of the weird things they do

'

You're so funny...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally posted by Sir Toose
What freaks me out is that they're always viewing the 'printable' pages. Why are they printing it?
Best guess: printable pages show up more in search results, so people who find this site while scouring for info on the web end up viewing those more often than the "normal" thread pages.

The guests that are weird to me are the ones who are checking everyone’s profiles or sending e-mails....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally posted by Sir Toose
What freaks me out is that they're always viewing the 'printable' pages. Why are they printing it?
Oh, wow, I never looked at a printable page before. It's so bare! I give printable pages an X rating.

ok ok ok....now THIS is freakin me out!!!!!!!
LOOK AT WHAT THE FIRST GUEST IS DOING!!!!!!!
Attachments

Name:	told you they're scary.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	904  

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by miniontv
Who is looking at Django's profile?
Guest number 5.

Hey, what if that page showed exactly what you did all the time, even when you weren't online!!!

I still don't "get" why this is allegedly scary, or freaky, or disturbing. Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory. Perhaps the anonymity rubs some people the wrong way,

Originally posted by Piddzilla
Hey, what if that page showed exactly what you did all the time, even when you weren't online!!!
I'm sure the US government has just such a thing planned. God Bless America.

Originally posted by Yoda
Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory.

Too many bases to cover in that case. Afraid to be caught in a lie.

Sades used to get all quasi-freaked-out by this stuff, too. I've never quite understood why Guests are viewed as so damn unsavory.
Subtle.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oooh, mee-oww, SB.

I don't get the whole thing about people finding guests doing things weird. Hasn't anyone here gone to a website where you can register and kinda meandered around a lot first? Or does everyone go to a site and immediately sign up and register?

I know I'm on enough lists and forums that I very often do the guest or visitor thing at new sites ... until I hit a brick wall and can't do something I'd like to do unless I sign up, or until I get bored and decide this isn't someplace I'd come back to regularly.

I sometimes still meander around here and click things randomly depending on my mood.

And other times the clicks are pure accidents: I didn't put the mouse over just the right hot link and boom! I'm somewhere I didn't want to go.

What I find weird is everyone actually LOOKING at the page of what everyone else is looking at! Now that's stalking!!

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by Austruck
I don't get the whole thing about people finding guests doing things weird. Hasn't anyone here gone to a website where you can register and kinda meandered around a lot first? Or does everyone go to a site and immediately sign up and register?
Before I joined I meandered around here four or five times to see what the topics and members were like. I don't see what is so troubling about guests either.

Also, sometimes when I'm at work, or know I won't have time to post, I may just pop in quickly w/o logging in just to take a peek around.

What I find weird is everyone actually LOOKING at the page of what everyone else is looking at! Now that's stalking!!
I confess....I have stalked from time to time also.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I know this is an old thread, and maybe Yoda has already looked into this, but I think there's something to this fear of guests:

Okay, I can't resist... this is really funny.
Attachments

Name:	mofo1.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	1228  
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10