Ned Kelly

→ in
Tools    

saw Ned Kelly the other day...mmmm...i didn't expect much, and that's exactly what i got - not much

for you non-Aussies, Ned Kelly is an Australian figure from like 100 years ago (i was going to say "hero", but the guy was a criminal really) - let's call him a "legend"...Aussie history is brief and boring, and although this film wasn't brief, it sure was boring.

Its got some great actors in it - Heath Ledger, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Naomi Watts and briefly Rachel Griffiths - but nothing can take away from the boringness of the facts....a sad story that could have been tweaked for entertainment purposes, but i guess they wanted to capture the "real" Australian outback of the 1800's and the "real" story of a legend

It could be i found it dull because i studied this history in 5th grade, but i just couldn't find anything in the film, the script or the acting that gripped me...its a shame really, with those names behind it, it could have been great (or at least bearable
)

oh well...i give it 2/10
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	nedkellyposterbig.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	825  

I must become Caligari..!
Well i found it quiet enjoyable. Not boring at all.

I love the way it was filmed, and the colors.

As for the story i am glad they didnt stray to far from the facts
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

N7, have you seen the one with Mick Jagger playing Ned from the 70’s?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The story of Ned and the portrayal of him by Mick Jagger in the 70's was a crock of sh*t.

The recent was quite decent as far as the story goes, which actually isn't that boring. Ned Kelly is someone like Jesse James for you guys in the States. It depends on how you look at his life and your own opinion of several events that lead up to his demise. (tho if I recall in Jesse James' case, he lived to a ripe old age?)

Anyway, the film was far better than the 70's and for someone like me who went into it without any expectations, I enjoyed it. The events that were portrayed were quite factual. I just had a problem with the ending.

Thanks Fox… I only saw about 30 minutes of the one with Jagger and wasn’t too impressed… I’d like to see the new one… especially if it is a little more historically accurate…

Not sure if you think 35 is a ripe old age or not... but given his profession and the times, Jesse James did live a lot longer then normal for an outlaw…

I think Ned was about 33 when he was executed.

Sorry, I actually thought I read somewhere that it was a possibility that Jesse James lived on to an old age of 80+.. maybe another outlaw...

No need to apologize Fox… there was a bit of a stir for a while because a family in Texas claimed to have been the descendants of Jesse and that he had not been assassinated by Bob Ford when he was 35... But extensive DNA testing proved that claim to be false… apparently there is a very rare dominate marker handed down through Jesse’s mothers side that was not found in the Texas “descendants”…

I must become Caligari..!
Originally posted by Fox
I think Ned was about 33 when he was executed.
He was hung at the age of only 25

yep, yer right.
sometimes there's a glitch in my memory.