JayDee's Movie Musings

→ in
Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Great review. I've seen the movie but can't remember anything about it really.

Good job there was no anchovies in that review. If there were anchovies in that review there's have been big trouble, Dude.

Yeah, TMNT is a great film. I said in my own review, to make a film that good based on that premise... is a work of genius.

I was surprised my Kevin Clash though. He voiced Splinter, but what surprised me is that he's the same guy who voices and controls Elmo.

Plus, the cameos in TMNT are good. Keep your eyes open and you can spot the actors who played the Turtles in other roles.

Love TMNT. Rated it 90% in my own review.

Why did you get two of Rafael? Give another turtle some love. I was just a tad too old to be totally immersed in TMNT. I did see this one at the theater with a couple of friends. I remember liking it ok, but mostly remember it being the first time I got annoyed at noisy children in a theater.

Why did you get two of Rafael? Give another turtle some love. I was just a tad too old to be totally immersed in TMNT. I did see this one at the theater with a couple of friends. I remember liking it ok, but mostly remember it being the first time I got annoyed at noisy children in a theater.
Children need to be barred from the cinema.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say about Turtles goodies.

I had every gadget and toy from the original release of the toys and stuff.
And I mean every gadget and toy.

Figures, vehicles, weird novelties, key rings, PEZ dispensers, slippers, hand puppets, bedding, bedroom carpet, a big metal tin that looked like a Mutagen Canister (that I used to store all my LEGO in), you name it, I had it.
Even wallpaper.

Children need to be barred from the cinema.
I wouldn't disagree even though I have a 5 and 6 year old I take pretty regularly. Im trying to teach them right though.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say about Turtles goodies.

I have every gadget and toy from the original release of the toys and stuff.
And I mean every gadget and toy.

Figures, vehicles, weird novelties, key rings, PEZ dispensers, slippers, hand puppets, bedding, bedroom carpet, a big metal tin that looked like a Mutagen Canister (that I used to store all my LEGO in), you name it, I have it. Even wallpaper.
Fixed this for ya.

I think that's a little harsh, especially considering this is Ninja Turtles we're talking about.
They should be barred from every movie. Especially the ones who are visiting the cinema for the first time without parents, them Fu**** are the worst .

Kids should be barred from the cinema for 2 reasons:

1. Everyone hates it when kids are in the cinema as they make loads of noise and piss about all the time
2. Studios pander to them and keep making child friendly crap just to get more arses on seats

You review is a love letter to a franchise that has grown with you your entire life. Whether a new show, discovering the comics, or the movies as a kid, either way this is a very special movie and it shows in your review. Very nicely done!

I myself was a turtle fan back in the day, though not a life long fan. But the movies and TV show was a lot of fun back in the 80's and 90's.

Kids should be barred from the cinema for 2 reasons:

1. Everyone hates it when kids are in the cinema as they make loads of noise and piss about all the time
2. Studios pander to them and keep making child friendly crap just to get more arses on seats
If I didn't watch movies in the theater and at home when I was a kid, then I wouldn't have grown up loving movies. It's just one of those hazards that you have to expect to deal with when you go and see movies like TMNT that are marketed to children.

And I say that as someone who doesn't like kids and will probably never have any of my own.

I got no beef with taking your kid to the movie. But I remember going to see Deep Blue Sea AND 300 in the movie theater and hearing a baby crying.

Taking your kid to see Frozen or The Lego Movie, that I understand and if I choose to see said movie I assume the risk of a noisy kid in the audience. But if the movie is rated R and you have an infant with you because you are too cheap or lazy to get a baby sitter I am going to have to punch someone in the d!ck or beat someone over the head with their high heels!

Maybe my worst kid experience ever was 21 jump st. Not because they were noisy but because I was super uncomfortable watching a film like that around 7 year olds. Leave your kid home or dont go.

I totally agree that in some movies - especially those rated R - it's reasonable to expect not to have to deal with unruly children.

But for someone to say that "children need to be barred from the cinema" is just unreasonable, hypocritical bullsh!t.

Maybe my worst kid experience ever was 21 jump st. Not because they were noisy but because I was super uncomfortable watching a film like that around 7 year olds. Leave your kid home or dont go.
Now I think that's a little unfair. If the children are being well behaved and quiet, then I feel like the decision of whether or not that particular child should be watching that particular movie should be left to the parents.

I watched quite a few movies with sex and violence when I was a kid and I don't think it had any negative effects on me.

Now I think that's a little unfair. If the children are being well behaved and quiet, then I feel like the decision of whether or not that particular child should be watching that particular movie should be left to the parents.

I watched quite a few movies with sex and violence when I was a kid and I don't think it had any negative effects on me.
I probably am. I am sure some parents would say I shouldn't let my kids watch the marvel movies. I was so conscious of those kids being there during certain scenes though. The first Ice Cube scene and the end scene where the guy picks the penis up with his mouth. Not cool in my opinion.