What a waste of 2 hrs, 24 minutes...

→ in
Tools    

I had been wanting to see Brotherhood of the Wolf for a quite a time now. Wow, what a disappointment. This movie was stupid, boring, and long . I mean long.

Did this movie actually have a plot? Boy, was it stupid. To think I missed the Angels fantastic comeback in Game 6 to watch this piece of detritus.

I agree with those exact words you said. Very lame, long, stupid plotted movie!

I am having a nervous breakdance
I too agree... Such a stupid film... What was up with those martial art ninja experts in rural France in the 18th century?? (or was it 19th century, I don't remember...). Yeah it sucked...

Hmmm… I just borrowed the DVD from a friend who said they liked it… now I’m wondering if they were telling one or what… … I haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but will let you know what I think after I do….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

hmmm...
did we watch the same movie?

I thought this film was incredible.

The story was a B-, but the action scenes A+, and the cinematography... "WOW" thats all I could say. I thought it was filmed beautifully.

differant strokes I guess.

Umm, I'm gonna have to agree with FilmFreak, this movie was really good. The cinematography alone was breathtaking, especially during the fighting scenes, something you rarely see. It was suspenseful and I liked the slow pace, somehow it fit the story and the society that they lived in. I don't really want to give this movie a full review since, i've only seen it once, but I definitley enjoyed it a lot.
Oh yeah, if you're a guy and you didn't like that movie, then there's something terribly wrong with you <-- gonna get me in trouble, but do I care?

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Mr. Fong
Umm, I'm gonna have to agree with FilmFreak, this movie was really good. The cinematography alone was breathtaking, especially during the fighting scenes, something you rarely see. It was suspenseful and I liked the slow pace, somehow it fit the story and the society that they lived in. I don't really want to give this movie a full review since, i've only seen it once, but I definitley enjoyed it a lot.
Oh yeah, if you're a guy and you didn't like that movie, then there's something terribly wrong with you <-- gonna get me in trouble, but do I care?
Well, then I guess there's something terribly wrong with me - and all my friends that I watched it with.

Oh brother, Mr.Fong. Do people all have to have the same taste, or what with you? Personally, when I saw this in the theater, I was bored. I thought the special effects were the only thing that the makers could use to sell this movie. Kung-Fu Frenchmen, wow... A very ridiculous movie, but hey, I love Robin Hood; Men in Tights, so what do I know...right?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally posted by Mr. Fong
The cinematography alone was breathtaking, especially during the fighting scenes, something you rarely see.
Something that you rarely see? Thats about all that modern foreign action movies have going for them, save a few brilliant exceptions... I.E. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I'm a cinematographer...and i was pretty dissapointed with Brotherhoods action sequence...Maybe they should have pulled the camera back and actually let you see what was going on...It wouldn't make a difference though with the editor on speed throwng cut after cut after cut. Action scenes like that need to be shot wide... Quick cuts and sped up shutter speeds don't get u great cinemtatography...Hell, it's not even cool looking...It's what u do usually, when you have to cover up choreography that is less then what u wanted, so u cut it quick and speed it up to create effect.
There were SOME good shots but for the most part:

Totally unimpressive...

I thought this movie was brilliant very well written, crazy cinematography and a very neat concept to have been brought to the screen I think this movie was made just right