8 mile

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
That review is soooooooooo baited.

Regardless, I guess that as of the release of 8 Mile, I'm no longer going to be a movie fan.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Can I just say that this Mr. Fong fellow likes to fight? I'm not getting all up in your face, kid, but try to show a little bit of courtesy, mmmKay? we all have differing opinions and really, the way to get others to see yours is not to call them hermaphrodites or anything.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Lets sum up this little debate here:
Facts: the early reviews and buzz for 8 MILE are very good.
Curtis Hanson is a good director.
So, if this holds form, then there is a decent chance that 8Mile is probably a pretty good movie.

Facts: You won't see 8Mile becuase you hate eminem.

So, one man, eminem, is holding you back from seeing a movie that could be a very good piece of artwork.

Facts: Eminem is not a mysoginist, a gay hater, or whatever other negative label you want to put on him.
He's clearly misunderstood by his critics, they shape him how they want. Lines taken out of context, things blown out of proportion, critics not "getting it", etc...

So, basically, youre being closed minded and uptight if you actually "HATE" eminem. Im not saying you have to like him, but to actually hate him to the point that you protest a movie that he's in, is ridiculous, childish, petty, and pathetic.

If 8Mile is a solid film and eminem gets great reviews, and you still won't see the movie, I must reinterate: YOU ARE NOT A TRUE MOVIE FAN.

ps note that I'm the only one debating the actual topic becuase I'm the only one thats right. you guys are caught up with - "he called me names, stop it!"

Have you guys ever felt the pain? that disturbing twisting in your inner soul, that jabbing, throbbing, excruciating pain from being so damn right. It hurts man, it hurts to be so right.

I know that when some of you read my post, your inner thoughts will tell you that I'm right, but obviouslly, none of you will admitt it becuase you lack the integrity and convictions to allow you to have an open mind. Oh yeah, and my insults are going to make you mad, thereby not allowing you to change your mind without losing some pride. But clearly, I don't care.

Ive seen sneak peaks Mr Fong, and sneak peaks are meant to be some of the best bits of a movie, if what I saw was, than it is bad. Another fact, a great director cannot make a great film on his own he needs talent from his team, talent which I don’t believe eminem has.
So, one man, eminem, is holding you back from seeing a movie that could be a very good piece of artwork.
it could be, but what you forget is that there is also a DAMN strong possibility that the movie will be a complete and utter flop.
Facts: Eminem is not a mysoginist, a gay hater, or whatever other negative label you want to put on him.
He's clearly misunderstood by his critics, they shape him how they want. Lines taken out of context, things blown out of proportion, critics not "getting it", etc...
who are you to say everyone else is wrong? Sure I admit there has been times the enitre world has been wrong, eg when the world was believed flat, etc, but what evidence do you have to say he is NOT, not saying you don’t believe he is, not saying he possibly isnt, you say he is NOT, what makes you so sure.

but to actually hate him to the point that you protest a movie that he's in, is ridiculous, childish, petty, and pathetic.
Im not PROTESTING the movie, im not trying to prevent its release, im mearly saying I wont see it, as a movie fan I cannot afford to go and see everything I think will be a piece of crap. Yeah ive been wrong on a couple of occasions and regretted not seeing the film, BUT this time I am not forking out my hard earned bucks for something I don’t want to see. Also I don’t hate him as a person, just him as a show pony.
If 8Mile is a solid film and eminem gets great reviews, and you still won't see the movie, I must reinterate: YOU ARE NOT A TRUE MOVIE FAN.
if he gets great reviews, and has a great plot, and more people than just YOU say its good, than I will eat my hat and probably go, but who the hell are you to say who is and who isnt a TRUE MOVIE FAN from our interpretation of one flaming film? Your not king.

note that I'm the only one debating the actual topic becuase I'm the only one thats right.
Have you guys ever felt the pain? that disturbing twisting in your inner soul, that jabbing, throbbing, excruciating pain from being so damn right. It hurts man, it hurts to be so right.
im not sure how to say this but had you had the guts to say that to my face I wouldn’t hesitate in spitting into yours. For your lack on insight, listen to the lyrics and you understand them, or at least attempt to understand our ‘misinterpretation’ of them. Don’t try and tell us what we are and arent, I think you will find your not number one when it comes to movies. Im glad you feel right, that way if your wrong, I will enjoy (for once) seeing you fall flat on your face and I am interested to see if you would have the guts to return here and apologize for your ‘misinterpretation’ like I know we would all be prepared to do or whether like most loud mouthed, cocky morons do would you run away claiming your still in the right and the rest of the world is wrong, i would without hesitation apologize for being wrong, if i was proven but the only proof you have is your strong bold words and nothing to back them up with, so for now your nothing but hot air. good day to you Mr Fong. you Opmanartunist you (no it isnt a real word i know, but here is its meaning: a person who acts like he is the spawn of god blowing hot air and claiming KNOWLEDGE without proof, clearly a moron)

it feels good to get that out, i wish i could swear

EDIT: im editing because my signature went coo-coo

I can't stand Eminem, I only enjoy one or two of his songs, and it pisses me off what he was saying about ICP. But this movie seems interesting, even though I hope someone snipes this guy, I would like to see what his life is all about, it would seem interesting.

Nasal, everything you said was pointless and most importantly wrong, all but one thing.....

"if he gets great reviews, and has a great plot, and more people than just YOU say its good, than I will eat my hat and probably go"

You lack the convictions of your ideals, son.
You hope this movie fails, you think that people that see it are morons? <-- almost direct qoutes, by the way.
But yet you would bite the bullet and go if it was good? DONT YOU SEE YOU"RE PROVING EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!
Hating eminem is not a reason to dislike or not see this movie, IF it turns out to be good. SO, to your credit, I guess you've admitted I'm right.
Of course, my tactics and arguments are meant to piss people off, and i don't care. You lack convictions Nasal, you'd spit in my face? I sincerely doubt it.

A novel adaptation.
Someone slap this man.
Apparently, you've failed toread any posts except yours Mr. Dong, as Naisy's being perfectly logical in saying:
"if he gets great reviews, and has a great plot, and more people than just YOU say its good, than I will eat my hat and probably go"
You're opinion is a loaded one because of your blind idolatry of Em. To see proof of this, simply watch yourself defending to the death a movie you have yet to see. If this film is good, then I will force myself to watch it as a movie fan, but I'm not laying down a good deal of money just so Ican witness Eminem plugging himself in a terrible piece of crap that would only be considered decent by someone as ignorant as yourself.

And come on, even someone as terribly dumb as you, can do better than: Nasaly.

I like that this has turned in to a debate about Eminem. And, like everyone else, I have an opinion on him: He's amazingly talented. His breath control and delivery are nothing less than revolutionary in hip hop, and his wordplay and rhyme schemes are full of wit and macabre satire. He's gotten tiresome for me, yes, but doesn't everyone get tiresome after awhile? I think that anyone who claims to know hip hop and doesn't give Eminem his due respect, is searching for reasons to hate him. Poor white kids need a voice, too.

As far as his movie goes, I'll see it. And I think it's a good sign that he's not blonde.

Originally posted by Mr. Fong

Lets sum up this little debate here:
I just finished reading this whole thread and I would hardly call it a debate… had you stopped at the first paragraph on your first post… it might have evolved into a debate but debates don’t include personal attacks against posters for their opinions on the subject… opinions I might add they are fully entitled to...

He's clearly misunderstood by his critics, they shape him how they want. Lines taken out of context, things blown out of proportion, critics not "getting it", etc…
So… you are a personal friend of his and he shares all his inner most thoughts and ideas with you?

Originally posted by Herodotus…

Someone slap this man.
Gladly… but so far I haven’t actually detected a man and I don’t believe in child abuse…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

You lack the convictions of your ideals, son.
You hope this movie fails, you think that people that see it are morons? <-- almost direct qoutes, by the way.
But yet you would bite the bullet and go if it was good? DONT YOU SEE YOU"RE PROVING EXACTLY WHAT IVE BEEN SAYING THIS WHOLE TIME!!!!!
Hating eminem is not a reason to dislike or not see this movie, IF it turns out to be good. SO, to your credit, I guess you've admitted I'm right.
Of course, my tactics and arguments are meant to piss people off, and i don't care. You lack convictions Nasal, you'd spit in my face? I sincerely doubt it.
Dont call me friggin son, as for doubting me spitting in your face, well it appears your 'wrong' i wouldnt hesitate for a second and each time you keep repeating you being right my decision becomes more and more concret, also the name is Naisy not Nasal, and you can remember that Mr Bong. I WOULD IF it happened, im not saying your right, because until this thing is released, or until it is such a success like you say, NOONE is right or wrong. You still havent presented me with proof you smart@rse or facts just statements saying your right, well your word is about as good as pigs testicals battered in cr@p.

and hero

And come on, even someone as terribly dumb as you, can do better than: Nasaly
ummm what the? and thanks for the support

Also Mr Fong observe Steve he has said his opinion and not said he is 100% right or wrong, that is what your meant to post. To Steve i have respect.

one last thing:

You're opinion is a loaded one because of your blind idolatry of Em. To see proof of this, simply watch yourself defending to the death a movie you have yet to see.
right on herod

FALSE LOGIC
This is all that you have. I'm defending this movie? Hardly, the movie will stand on its own. I'm merely defending the art of film, in general. Hermie, you too lack any real grasping to your ideals. You claimed that you would not see this movie, but then you CONTRADICT yourself later, by admitting that you would see the movie it got good reviews.
YOU ARE PROVING ME RIGHT. If you WOULD see the movie then you shouldn't have said earlier that you wouldn't becuase of eminem. SINCE CLEARY YOU LACK ANY CONVICTION AND IF THE MOVIE WAS RECIEVED WELL YOU WOULD ACTUALLY GO.
AND MY POINT? I SAID FROM THE FIRST POST THAT HATING EMINEM IS NO REASON TO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE IF IT IS GOOD.
AND YET YOU PERSISTED TO ARGUE WITH ME UNTIL I HAD TO FORCE THE TRUTH OUT OF YOU.
THEREFORE, YOU HAVE PROVED ME RIGHT.

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING
BUT THE FORUM IS CLOSED

Please.

Oh by the way, FLETCH, your little Eminem tirade was pathetic and annoying. you must be one of this hip hop elitist snobs, that think you're cool somehow becuase you listen to "underground" rap. If you weren't such a conservative prude you'd realize that eminem is great rapper and The Eminem Show was diverse and more emotionally sincere than any rap album ever made. No other rapper has made his lyrics like an open diary and putting so much of yourself into your music is art in its truest form. Eminem's flows are no less diverse than talib kweli's and that's saying a lot coming from me, considering Talib is my all-time favorite rapper. And as far as Eminem's "hate" lyrics, if think that this is the case, then you just dont get it. YOU DON"T GET IT. You're out of the loop...you're too old, too sensitive, or just don't get a joke. What's funny I think, is that Eminem gets a joke, his fans get a joke, Elton John gets a joke, and the only people that are eminating HATE are his critics. So my suggestion to you FLETCH would be to let the hate out of your heart, it's bad for your health, oh, and take that eminem hate shrine down from your bedroom wall too.
Mr. Fong, what in GOD'S name are you blabbering about???? ".....The Eminem Show was diverse and more emotionally sincere than any rap album ever made". HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! And you consider yourself a rap/hip-hop enthusiast??? I know you never said that in your own words, but you sure make it seem that way. The Eminem Show was "diverse and more emotionally sincere THAN ANY rap album EVER made"???? How many rap albums have you listened to, to come to this conclusion??????? Oh my God, Eminem dick riders seem to amaze me every single day. If you think that album is what you say it is, you are missing out on a lot of great rap my friend. Without even thinking hard, I can pull out Bone Thugs East 1999 album for example. I would have to say that album was the most diverse album ever made. Just look at what that did for the time it was released. Nothing or nobody rapped that way back then. It was so diverse for that time. A true masterpiece. That is just one of MANY, MANY albums that are more diverse and emotional than The Eminem Show.

"No other rapper has made his lyrics like an open diary and putting so much of yourself into your music is art in its truest form". Once again, HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? You must not be serious, are you????? What in God's name do you think rap is?? Just think about it for a second, cause I know you are slow. Rap is a form of poetry where the author is putting their life and feelings on paper and rapping them. To tell you the truh Eminem is the furthest from this art form. Eminem just makes up ****, and talks **** about everybody. Who cares about his ****ed up home life?? I don't, that's for sure. He just picks people to beef with to make things interesting for himself. That's a poor publicity stunt ploy. He has to make his fortune from dissing other people. When TRUE rap and hip-hop artists rely on raw talent. Not other people's loss. Eminem is exactly like the Jerry Springer show. Springer was shock tv, and Eminem is shock rap. Look at the Springer show now. It is wayyyy more than old news now, and nobody cares about it anymore. Same thing is happening with Eminem. I have seen countless posts on message boards etc.., saying that they are sick of Eminem talking about the same **** in every song. About his mom, his girlfriend, Hailey, drugs, people he hates, etc... It's stale material bro. Face it.

Also, I do get jokes, and I am not old. It's just that Eminem is making a mockery of true rap. If he wants to be some sort of comedian, then stick to the silver screen and stand up shows. But that kind of rap is only fresh and original for a short amount of time. He is becoming a joke, and even a lot of his fans are saying it. Trust me, I know many Eminem fans that are not feeling his new material. It's old and stale. And I also don't boast about listening to underground rap. Because that is not the case at all. I listen to a little bit of everything that has substance and talent involved. If you wanna hear sincere rap, and a diary of someone's life, then listen to some Scarface for example. His album which is so perfectly named "The Diary" is a prime example of this. Even his new album "The Fix" is better and deeper than ANY Eminem album. Eminem is all about fantasy. I bet Moby can beat his skinny white ass. Eminem is the furthest from creating a diary with his raps. He is writing a book man. It's all made up fantasy ****. Listen to some L.O.X. to hear some real street ****. These people have been through it, Eminem has not. His shock value is over. Give him 2-3 more years, and he is done. Nobody will care about his monotnous material. Nobody is going to care about this pop rapper. You must be about 13 right?? Along with 99% of Eminems fans?? Listen to some real ****, and get off that fantasy Eminem dumb material. PEACE!!!

Also one last thing Mr. Fong. I never said that I WON'T see the movie. If you read correctly, I actually said this movie looks like it has potential of being good. And as a matter of fact, I will probably see this movie. It looks like it will be pretty good. I was strictly talking about his music. As far as his music goes, he is the next Jerry Springer. Old news.

This movie rocks. Eminem rocks. I'm writing a review.

A novel adaptation.
Originally posted by Herodotus

And come on, even someone as terribly dumb as you, can do better than: Nasaly.
Nais, when I said this, I was reffering to the fact that the nickname he had given you was dumb and childish.
Only now was I reading this back did I realize how this was misconstrued.