NBA Rants

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
All-Stars Can't Make Layups. Is It Because..they only practice shooting the 3?

So many easy bunnies missed. Back and forth. Between the best teams. Passing up dunks and wide-open layups for bricked 3's drives me crazy. I played basketball. I would have been benched and rightly so!

It's not just the all-stars of course, but I keep noticing so many missed open layups, or simple shots you learn from Day 1, and I always dismissed them as an anomaly because I think great players are missing more. And there's no hand-checking today. No contact at all. Big men could do so much damage just mastering a half-hook. Look at Jonas Valuncinas, who seems to have been playing his entire life, and I don't remember any athleticism.

But no one will learn the sky hook!

Teams won't go for a 2 for 1!

Anyone notice how better Embiid played when he stopped tweeting and twatting every 5 minutes? It's better to battle on the court than a phone.

And then minutes ago during an important playoff game, the audience sees two horrible mistakes (and hopefully don't pick up these bad habits) by Dallas players.

-Brunson could have launched a 3. He just held the ball. Ja Morant swished a 3-pter from half-court. Those three points could be the difference.

-Dinwiddie went after a rebound stat, when he should have let it go out. Instead, he touched this fastball bouncing off the rim when there were no Phoenix players around. That one rebound isn't going to change your overall stats, nor will a missed 3.

If I was a GM, I'd wouldn't think too highly of a guy who is worried about his stats than his team. During the playoffs. This happened in a span of 2 minutes.