Greatest Horror Icon

Tools    

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Sir Toose makes a valid point with candyman.

ok, his movies had some pros, but i don't think that puts him close the being the Greatest Horror Icon

what most ppl dont realize is that friday the 13th kinda copied off of halloween

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Is this the one with the psychic girl? I thought that sounded quite interesting, although wasnt it a rip-off of Carrie? and wasnt this one meant to be Freddy vs Jason
No no!!! neither it was more about an egotistical doctor who was full of himself and tryna convince the girl she was crazy.

Originally Posted by dillskies88
what most ppl dont realize is that friday the 13th kinda copied off of halloween
And vice versa, like how mike did the whole head squeezing ordeal, Fthe13th part 3. I mean, people took to Jason better than Mike anyways, but whatever.

Halloween was the original slasher (i think) and in a wave of copies Friday 13th was the most successful, a quickly made film used to cash in on Halloween but i think the fact the series is known for Jason means it didnt really become the series we all know till around 2-3. So in theory it is a rip-off but it found itself and established as a series after the original, and seein as it 2 was a quick cash in on the 1st, identical plot its quite ironic. The two series became equal and parallel and obviously used ideas from each other.

I think Candyman is great but nearly close to the greatest horror icon, he doesnt complare to classics, Frankenstein, Dracula, Karloff, Legusi but as a contemporary icon along with Leatherface, Micheal, Jason, Freddy i agree. Though i think that Micheal, Jason, Freddy are far to comercial and victims of their own success, if they kept themselves simple and didnt resort to numerous sequels i think they would have a darker more retro appeal. I like how Candyman stopped and remains in memory where he builds up, and also has a ***** scary gimmick (5x into a mirror) i knew that before the films.

In response to the Friday 13th 7, where did i get the psychic girl from? i swear i saw a clip of a psychic showdown at Crystal Lake? and was Friday 13th unlucky before the films or did they make them day associated with bad luck?

Halloween was the original slasher (i think) and in a wave of copies Friday 13th was the most successful, a quickly made film used to cash in on Halloween but i think the fact the series is known for Jason means it didnt really become the series we all know till around 2-3. So in theory it is a rip-off but it found itself and established as a series after the original, and seein as it 2 was a quick cash in on the 1st, identical plot its quite ironic. The two series became equal and parallel and obviously used ideas from each other.

I think Candyman is great but nearly close to the greatest horror icon, he doesnt complare to classics, Frankenstein, Dracula, Karloff, Legusi but as a contemporary icon along with Leatherface, Micheal, Jason, Freddy i agree. Though i think that Micheal, Jason, Freddy are far to comercial and victims of their own success, if they kept themselves simple and didnt resort to numerous sequels i think they would have a darker more retro appeal. I like how Candyman stopped and remains in memory where he builds up, and also has a ***** scary gimmick (5x into a mirror) i knew that before the films.

In response to the Friday 13th 7, where did i get the psychic girl from? i swear i saw a clip of a psychic showdown at Crystal Lake? and was Friday 13th unlucky before the films or did they make them day associated with bad luck?

Okay im breaking my unactive rule for today only then im officially not active, im doing this to clarify part 7. The girl did have telekinesis, but it was not at all like Carrie, this girl just pretty much kicks the **** out of jason the whole time.

Originally Posted by Jason's Keeper
Okay im breaking my unactive rule for today only then im officially not active, im doing this to clarify part 7. The girl did have telekinesis, but it was not at all like Carrie, this girl just pretty much kicks the **** out of jason the whole time.
Not to stray from the topic, but why are you inactive?

Originally Posted by Garrett
Not to stray from the topic, but why are you inactive?
Forums are too much to deal with, im always tempted to look back and see what ppl replied to my posts, and it gets old and boring. However its still tempting, which explains why I'm still here.

Halloween was the original slasher... ...The two series became equal and parallel and obviously used ideas from each other... ...Though i think that Micheal, Jason, Freddy are far to comercial and victims of their own success, if they kept themselves simple and didnt resort to numerous sequels i think they would have a darker more retro appeal.
i agree with you for the most part, however the numerous sequels, while somewhat detracting from the original "retro appeal", were all pretty good, neglecting of course Halloween #3, and F13 pt 5, but after #6 in both series it did become ridiculous, but we all wanted to see more of them, so the producers kept on making them. So, they are victims of their success, and their extreme appeal to the fans, which produced the later sequels. Even so, it's still too good to see new material for our favorite killers to worry about how much it detracts in the long run.

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
norman bates (psycho) was the original slasher

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
norman bates (psycho) was the original slasher
True.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

**** ME! I'M ALL OUTTA ENEMIES!!
ok herez my list
1. Boris Karloff (classic)
2. Micheal Myers (redefined horror)
3. Freddy Kruger
4. Jason
5. Chucky (my first horror movie)

who's Boris Karloff?

ok, frankenstein, creepy, yes, scary, no. what's so scary about him?

Originally Posted by Michael_myers
ok, frankenstein, creepy, yes, scary, no. what's so scary about him?
No one said he was scary... I can't think of a fictional character that's scary nowadays (especially not Jason, or Michael, or any slasher you can name).

And besides, it wasn't asked to name "Scariest Horror Icon", it was "Greatest Horror Icon". Frankenstein is legendary in the world of horror, I think that makes him an icon.