I was just thinking........

Tools    

Lets say there was this machine that society invented.
It took all our waste, such as garbage, human waste, and even our dead and it compacted them into this machine and shot it straight into outspace.
Now with all that stuff that would be filling up landfills, graveyards, ect. and taking into consideration the law of physics that says matter cannot be created or destroyed.
How long would it take for the Earth to disappear or shrink or even become barren?
Remember with all that stuff going into outspace instead of remaining on Earth to get recycled, the Earth would have to weigh a lot less.

Keep in mind I'm really tired ...So if this seems not to make sense, please excuse me.

umm...uummmm...nah, nothing is coming to mind...i have absolutely nothing to say!!!

I'm keeping in mind that this makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe you should quit thinking all together. I have a feeling you'd be quite dangerous if you continue with thinking.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by jrs
Keep in mind I'm really tired ....

Originally Posted by LordSlayton
Maybe you should quit thinking all together.

No need to be sarcastic if you know situation

Originally Posted by jrs
No need to be sarcastic if you know situation
It was a joke jrs...a play on words...get it? Apparently not.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yeah, also if we could tie a huge rope around the moon from earth for tightroping purposes, we'd never lose it and never run out of cheese or a place to hang washing.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Minion TV
Yeah, also if we could tie a huge rope around the moon from earth for tightroping purposes, we'd never lose it and never run out of cheese or a place to hang washing.

Actually, there's guys that wanna do something like that (only without the cheese). Well, a space elevator. Literally [i think it might even have been one of those Arthur C. Clarke innovations - like geostationary satellites, which Clarke is credited with having come up with]. It's one of those "pulling-yourself-up-by-your-laces" things where, if you put enough energy into something you can get a highly improbable result out. i.e .If we were mining the moon, a satellite with an "elevator" stretching down to earth would actually be worthwhile. And would do away with rockets altogether.

Or maybe we could us it to drag back the useful resources sent into space by silly previous generations (you naughty young thing jrs you )

Hmm, it's an intriguing one tho J, nice one. Despite the fact that the cost is prohibitive (i am turning into SUCH an old man ), it'd take a damn long time. But it doesn't mean that we might not feel the effects of removing specific components of the earth's make-up/environment (i.e. if we were removing biodegradable waste etc or specific chemicals/components.) As recent investigations into possible outcomes of the Bush-preferred, global-warming-increasing, hydrogen technology shows....altering the key make up of the earth (no matter how big it is) can have devastating knock on effects. The latest worry is that leakage from a future hydrogen system would literally over-hydrogenate the earth's atmosphere, with unpredictable (and quite possibly negative) effects on the mineral-richness/"fertility" of soil.

[all human-effects-on-climatic-environments theories are of course still unproveable ultimately, coz the whole climate system is so complicated. We can't know for CERTAIN that the undeniable increase in global temperature is spurred on by human activities - but it's considered to be the one area of unproveable-science where there is the biggest global scientific agreement. About the only people who disagree are the Bush admin [not the scientific departments of government tho, mind. Even tho they had to remove all elements of global-warming info from their latest environmental report after the admin added scientifically unjustified words like "may" etc in areas where there was scientific certainty etc - and even so they're still getting sued by some right-wing think-tank! Wish i had all the names/acronyms for you, but i can't find the freaking articles in my freaking filing system. Freak! - You've got off lightly this time ))

There is no way in hell that I'd want to take an elevator up to the moon. I'm nervous using an elevator in a small building.