28 Days Later

→ in
Tools    

I did not like 28 Days Later at all. The plot was a bit interesting, but it didn't involve me in any way. I felt generally bored for a lot of the movie. It wasn't scary in the least. I also felt the end was a bit abrupt. None of my friends liked it either, so maybe that contributes to my opinion...but either way, I didn't like it very much.

Holden, did you ever give this film a grade? Am I just not seeing it?

Originally Posted by marksul
I did not like 28 Days Later at all. The plot was a bit interesting, but it didn't involve me in any way
i have found that as well....A LOT of movies don't involve me and i can't understand why?? actually...no...wait...OH MY GOD...i can't think of even ONE movie that involves me....what!!!! i don't believe it!!!! what am i going to dooooooooooooooo????????????

Originally Posted by n7of9
i have found that as well....A LOT of movies don't involve me and i can't understand why?? actually...no...wait...OH MY GOD...i can't think of even ONE movie that involves me....what!!!! i don't believe it!!!! what am i going to dooooooooooooooo????????????
If this was not in sarcasm, then I feel very sorry for you.

I liked the first two acts a lot, but the third was a bit of a letdown.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

B+

I've seen it well over a dozen times, and I just plain like it. Good genre fun. Well made little flick.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
If this was not in sarcasm, then I feel very sorry for you.
well, dah!!!

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I've seen it well over a dozen times, and I just plain like it. Good genre fun. Well made little flick.
I agree. Also one of the best examples of DV filmmaking.
A solid *** out of **** from me.

Meanwhile, out of interest, how many movies do you watch in a day, Holden? I remember it wasn't that long ago [or maybe it was] that you were getting the 28 Days Later DVD, and you've already seen the film over a dozen times? And I'm assuming, of course, that it's not the only movie you've purchased and watched countless times in the past number of months. Not to mention every other way you can see a movie...

I wish I had the time, man. I really do.

Was 28 Days Later actually shot on DV? I hadn't heard about that.

All accept the last sequence.

28 Days later is a great film, one of my favourites this century. Danny Boyle is a great director, always managing to find interesting projects.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Was 28 Days Later actually shot on DV?
Yeah, couldn't you tell? Very gritty, very glaring. It was most obvious in the climax, especially in the rain.

Originally Posted by n7of9
lol n7of9 - you know what I meant...

I've never seen the movie, so I'm not the guru of knowledge on it. But had it been, say, a naked woman, you wouldn't be complaining about it. A little insecure about our sexuality, are we?
You make a good point...the purpose of that seen wasn't a pleasure meter...the purpose was to set a gritty real life tone to the movie...And besides, the was 100 different things to look at during that scene, why they couldnt take their eyes off that one little area, is on them, not the director...

What do the zombies look like in 28 days later? They must be awful close to that in Resident Evil?
But then again I have never seen 28 days later... Do they look like this------> hahaha
Their don't resemble zombies at all, zombies are walking dead corpses with rotting flesh...in this movie, the people are alive and breathing...and just have a bad case of rabies, like Cujo did in Stephen Kings movie.

Sorry, bout that post, it got moved. Why do people call them zombies??? I know thats what they are billed as, but really they never died. They just got infected.
Yes, their not zombies, I think we were all just conditioned to do that...

So you say they aren't really the living dead just insane people? has anyone read any of the reviews for this flick anyways can anyone direct me to a good site for a good review?
I wouldn't even say insane, just 'driven'...the virus just seems to change their natures...a virus invented in a labrotrory...maybe for war fare or something...to make the ultimate fighting soldier...the movie never really explores that aspect...

How scary is the movie? I've been waiting a long, long time for a horror movie to actually scare me. House of 1000 Corpses was one of the biggest disappointments ever to me. I had been waiting to see that movie for sooo long and then when me and my friends went and saw it we just laughed at how cheesy it was. So I hope this one will be a little better.
Rule #1. If you want to get scared watching a movie, always watch it alone...watching a scary movie with friends or a friend will lesson the effect...
Always watch alone and at night for full effect...