My top 100 favorite films of all time.

→ in
Tools    

Please hold your applause till after the me.

Good Will Hunting.

I could talk all day about how well cast, acted, and directed, but I'm going to talk about this, the writing. In my opinion, this is quite possibly the finest script ever put to cinema. The amount of thought put into every single line is perfect, no dialogue is overused or wasted, you can tell Damon and Affleck worked there asses off on this screenplay and they damn well deserve their Oscars. I could listen to the audio book of this film and I would still cry my eyes out, it's that well written.

Thanks so much.

The Conjuring

The pinnacle of modern horror films, a film that almost single-handedly saved the horror genre, James Wann gives us a well thought out, well paced, horrifying masterpiece. The use of practical effects and smooth cinematography add a sense of dread not seen in films previous. The film is littered with likable and interesting characters that I can't wait to see how their story unfolds in the next films.

The Conjuring

The pinnacle of modern horror films, a film that almost single-handedly saved the horror genre, James Wann gives us a well thought out, well paced, horrifying masterpiece. The use of practical effects and smooth cinematography add a sense of dread not seen in films previous. The film is littered with likable and interesting characters that I can't wait to see how their story unfolds in the next films.
You make it sound really good. I might seek it out. And the fact that Vera Farmiga's in it doesn't hurt .

Elephant Man is my second favourite Lynch and one of my favourite films. Disagree with Hurts performance being the only great thing but i do agree it's one of the greatest performances.
I remember Anthony Hopkins being great in that as well.

date and night

Big Lebowski

Do I even need to explain this one?
Jeff Bridges gives one of the most iconic performances of all time in the film that I consider to be the defining term of simple but effective. Everything in the film is simple, but with depth, everything is ignored, yet nothing is forgotten. It's one of the funniest and most cleverly written and directed films I've ever seen, what else can you say but, "The Dude abides."

Mean Streets

Yet another Scorsese film I love to no end. While majority of Scorsese's film center around crime, This is the only one that centers more around street gangs, which is something I would like to see him do more of. He keeps the grit real while still managing to add that unique Scorsese flair present in most of his crime films. And I also love Keitels "In the streets" monologue.

One of the few Scorsese films I've never seen...I need to add this to my watchlist.

I didn't find The Big Lebowski particularly funny.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I didn't find The Big Lebowski particularly funny.
I don't think it's that funny either, but I still think it's very entertaining and it gets better every time I watch it.

Rebeca

This is the only Hitchcock film that ever won Best Picture, and as upsetting as it is that it's the only one, you can definitely see why. This is an eerily relentless film that never ceases to disturb, as Hitchcock films usually do. It's an atmospheric, hauntingly shot, and disturbed masterwork.