Wonder Woman

Tools    

Boldly going.
I liked this movie less with a second viewing.
Also I don't understand how the Amazons are supposed to be isolated, and yet so worldly. Speaking of worldly, how come all the actresses in this movie had to put on Israeli accents (and likely bad ones) because Gal Gadot has one? Wouldn't it have been easier to just drop the accents altogether? More frustrations about languages are explored in the video below.
I also don't get why Diana clearly knows the periodic table of elements but the Amazons use bronze age technology.
Finally, they should have done something with that sword and shield, like the ability to disguise themselves with illusion magic as everyday objects (in the same way that Thor disguises Mjölnir as an umbrella in Ragnarok). It would have made more sense for Diana to have been dancing with her sword disguised as a hairpin or pen or something than have the hilt of it sticking out of the back of her dress.
Yes, and kill Ares and the fighting stops right away... until the next world war? It would've been better if Steve Trevor had been correct - that people are just people and war is our own damn fault.

The movie just doesn't make any damn sense.

The rest of my criticisms were pretty much covered by Cinema Sins:

Welcome to the human race...
It is possible to keep one's home state in isolation while still being able to maintain a connection with the outside world, if only for the gathering of the knowledge necessary to build a functional society (and considering how it is rooted in Greek mythology, I would think that their accents sound Greek more than anything else so Gadot's accent fits in anyway). As noted, they're able to keep up to date on their basic scientific knowledge but on the other hand they're these fantasy Amazonians that are different enough from regular humans that one can readily question how much they actually need to update to the norms of the outside world. The "disguising the sword" comment makes about as much sense as asking why characters on Star Trek don't use Jedi mind tricks. I can also see how witnessing a superhero defeat the god of war himself in an epic battle would be enough to stop the soldiers in the immediate vicinity from fighting one another while ultimately failing to prevent subsequent wars from breaking out.

This is why, after years of watching, I gave up on CinemaSins. Their "criticism" frequently misses the forest for the trees and comes across as them either not paying attention or making up problems. After all, it's far easier to think up a question like "why does X happen instead of Y" and leave it hanging in the air than it is to actually figure out a plausible explanation for why X happens. That's no substitute for actual criticism about what does or doesn't make a particular movie work, which is unsurprising considering how the channel's whole existence seems to be little more than a clickbait scheme.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Cinemasins is meant to for entertainment and laughs, but is not meant to be taken seriously as a real critique, I don't think, is it? I agree with the video, that cinemasins is inconsistent, but I still thought it was suppose to be entertaining for laughs, so is consistency important?

Welcome to the human race...
It doesn't help that the gimmick basically amounts to an announcer rattling off a laundry list of problems in such a flat, deadpan way that it practically sounds like a streamlined review and gets treated as such. There's also the fact that there are some legitimate criticisms thrown in with the inaccurate/lazy ones, which end up making them all sound equally legit (to say nothing of how their joke sins are so distinct from their critical sins anyway). Compare that against Honest Trailers weaving the criticism into the jokes and having a more distinct gimmick with its parodies of movie trailers, which makes CinemaSins' claims of being a humour channel especially dubious (and only really seems to get brought up when people are defending the channel itself from criticism).

Cinemasins is meant to for entertainment and laughs, but is not meant to be taken seriously as a real critique, I don't think, is it? I agree with the video, that cinemasins is inconsistent, but I still thought it was suppose to be entertaining for laughs, so is consistency important?
Yeah, I don't take it very seriously, it makes me laugh. I watch both Everything Wrong With and Everything Great About and they're both equally entertaining for me

A bucket of anxiety
I'm pretty sure they've sinned themselves twice, even for their own inconsistencies and excuses. They've been mixing actual critique with their jokes from the start. Like in King Kong, one of the sins was literally "this (hair piece)." I think people are just making a big stink of it because some people take them seriously no matter how much they say that they're a joke channel overall. Overall being the keyword here.
Like in the posted video here, if the first 3 sins doesn't tell you not to take it seriously I really think that's a you problem.

I've always thought the sins were not near as bad as they made them out to be and they are over-exaggerating for humor. The only movie they reviewed where the sins could pretty much all be taken seriously was Basic Instinct, I would say, out of all I've seen.

Boldly going.
It is possible to keep one's home state in isolation while still being able to maintain a connection with the outside world, if only for the gathering of the knowledge necessary to build a functional society (and considering how it is rooted in Greek mythology, I would think that their accents sound Greek more than anything else so Gadot's accent fits in anyway). As noted, they're able to keep up to date on their basic scientific knowledge but on the other hand they're these fantasy Amazonians that are different enough from regular humans that one can readily question how much they actually need to update to the norms of the outside world. The "disguising the sword" comment makes about as much sense as asking why characters on Star Trek don't use Jedi mind tricks. I can also see how witnessing a superhero defeat the god of war himself in an epic battle would be enough to stop the soldiers in the immediate vicinity from fighting one another while ultimately failing to prevent subsequent wars from breaking out.

This is why, after years of watching, I gave up on CinemaSins. Their "criticism" frequently misses the forest for the trees and comes across as them either not paying attention or making up problems. After all, it's far easier to think up a question like "why does X happen instead of Y" and leave it hanging in the air than it is to actually figure out a plausible explanation for why X happens. That's no substitute for actual criticism about what does or doesn't make a particular movie work, which is unsurprising considering how the channel's whole existence seems to be little more than a clickbait scheme.

I wonder how they "maintain a connection to the outside world" with boats that are barely sea-worthy (Steve Trevor was certainly hesitant about stepping onto one). I can understand dressing in a traditional manner, but at the cost of being shot by a bullet 5 minutes into a battle - I don't think so. The Germans only lost on the Amazon's beach because they were outnumbered and didn't bring the big guns.

It wasn't just the battle in the vicinity that stopped immediately after Ares bit the dust, it was the entire war - at least that's what the movie implied.

Star Trek doesn't have magic, but the Amazons obviously do: the lasso of truth and Diana's bracers which apparently absorb and re-direct energy, for examples. I was just saying that it would have made sense to hide a sword while dancing on a ballroom floor, because surely in the middle of a war, somebody would have noticed ... if the movie was based in reality, that is.

CinemaSins also has a "Everything right with" series. They make some valid points.

I feel a lot of people's complaints about Wonder Woman is that it becomes a standard comic book movie in the third act and climax they say. One thing I feel could have been better if the character by Elena Anaya turned out to be Ares at the end, instead of having turn out to be the character they chose, which was much more predictable, where as I found the Elena Anaya character, more interesting to make a surprise like that out of.