I'm Leaving/I'm coming back

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I returned from a hiatus. I mainly left due to being busy with school but am happy to be back.

I normally go silent middle of the year and become active when the Oscar season begins. But this year stayed a bit active coz of Covid-19.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll be gone for the next few days because Hubby and I are taking the weekend off to go visit some friends near Lancaster, PA. It's the first time we're going away since the pandemic started and we're a bit concerned about staying in a hotel. (Hopefully the hotel is actually keeping up with cleaning everything properly, but we're bringing Lysol to clean all the surfaces, and the TV remote control, and our own sheets and pillowcases for the bed, and towels for the bathroom, just in case.)

If all goes well, we should be back on Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

The trick is not minding
I'll be gone for the next few days because Hubby and I are taking the weekend off to go visit some friends near Lancaster, PA. It's the first time we're going away since the pandemic started and we're a bit concerned about staying in a hotel. (Hopefully the hotel is actually keeping up with cleaning everything properly, but we're bringing Lysol to clean all the surfaces, and the TV remote control, and our own sheets and pillowcases for the bed, and towels for the bathroom, just in case.)

If all goes well, we should be back on Monday. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
For real? Lancaster? I lived there for years! (Leola and Ephrata area!). I still have friends there I visit occasionally.

For real? Lancaster? I lived there for years! (Leola and Ephrata area!). I still have friends there I visit occasionally.

Yes, Lancaster, PA. Our friends live closer to the Poconos area, but we live on Long Island, NY, so this is a good meeting point for us. There are a lot of nice hotels, plenty of things to do, and a great variety of restaurants. I highly recommend Shady Maple Smorgasbord for anyone who's looking for a good restaurant in that area.

The trick is not minding
Yes, Lancaster, PA. Our friends live closer to the Poconos area, but we live on Long Island, NY, so this is a good meeting point for us. There are a lot of nice hotels, plenty of things to do, and a great variety of restaurants. I highly recommend Shady Maple Smorgasbord for anyone who's looking for a good restaurant in that area.
I use to go there for my birthday every year lol. Great place. Couldn’t agree more!

I use to go there for my birthday every year lol. Great place. Couldn’t agree more!

We used to try to meet there on one of our birthdays whenever we could because their price is pretty high, so the free meal was a great way to save money, but we missed the last few years because of the pandemic.

This was the first time that we've been back there since before the pandemic, and they were better than ever. (But we just couldn't time it to meet for one of our birthdays, so there was no free birthday meal this time.)

Just so no one wonders if I kicked the bucket, I am leaving for eight or nine days on a trip to Italy. I will not be checking in on MoFo.

Arrivederci!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra