Miss Vicky's 101 Favorite Songs Of the Moment

Tools    

You've posted too much since i last commented, for me to say what i like individually . Goes to show it works both ways, slow down . All i can say is that i like and dislike at least one from each set . Great list so far .

30. "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson
Album Title: Thriller
Year: 1982

If you had asked me for my favorite Jackson song back in the 80s or 90s, I probably would've said "Leave Me Alone," "Thriller" or "Smooth Criminal," but something about "Billie Jean" has just made it really creep its way into my favor recently.

29. "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" by George Michael and Elton John
(Single)
Year: 1991

I'm a big sucker for duets and a big sucker for songs about heartbreak, add the fantastic voices of these two greats and you've got a song that's been a favorite since the moment I first heard it.

28. "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin
Album Title: Physical Graffiti
Year: 1975

I am not a fan of Led Zeppelin and can probably count the number of their songs I like on one hand, but the guitar work on this particular song is just orgasmic.

27. "In The Ghetto" by Elvis Presley
(Single)
Year: 1969

Roy Orbison may be my favorite male vocalist, but Elvis isn't far behind and the lyrics to this particular song are really good.

26. "Unloved" by Walter Egan
Album Title: Not Shy
Year: 1978

The combination of the word play in the lyrics, the catchy tune and the background vocals of a certain Lindsey Buckingham has made this my favorite song from the Not Shy album – though not actually my favorite Egan song. My favorite is probably the reggae influenced “There Goes My Girl” from his 1999 album Walternative, but it’s not available on youtube and so wasn’t included on the list.

25. "Things Have Changed" by Bob Dylan
Album Title: Wonder Boys Soundtrack
Year: 2000

I didn't care at all for the movie, but felt compelled to buy the soundtrack as soon as I heard this song. It's the best things I've heard from Dylan and one of the best things I've heard period.

24. "Midnight Wind" by John Stewart
Album Title: Bombs Away Dream Babies
Year: 1979

If I had made an Albums countdown, Bombs Away Dream Babies would've been on it. The whole album is superb but the intensity and atmosphere of this make it stand out as the best of the bunch.

23. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails
Album Title: The Downward Spiral
Year: 1994

Those lyrics are damn sexy and also kind of scary.

22. "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" by Nirvana
Album Title: Unplugged In New York
Year: 1994

(Song starts at about 1:10)

There once was a time when I was completely, utterly obsessed with Nirvana. I had cds, t shirts, and posters and then I burnt out and sold, gave away or threw away every single Nirvana thing I owned - except Unplugged In New York and this chilling performance is a big reason why I couldn't let it go.

21. "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins
Album Title: Face Value
Year: 1981

I don't care what anybody thinks - Phil Collins is awesome. I've loved his music since childhood. I love his voice, I love his lyrics and this particular song has always stuck out as being exceptionally great. When those drums kick in at 3:15, I get chills. Every time.

My uncle told me just yesterday that he saw Phil Collins in concert once, and seeing him play the drums on "In the Air Tonight" was one of the best moments of his life. He called it "a night to remember".

Theo sent me a post comment telling me that I suck....well SAY IT TO MY FACE, THEO!
Actually, he did. If he was saying it in a post, he'd be addressing more the public than yourself and your face.

20. "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones
Album Title: Let It Bleed
Year: 1969

The lyrics to this song are fantastic, but Merry Clayton's amazing vocals are what make the song the classic that it has become.

19. "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney
Album Title: A Concert For George
Year: 2002

While I like the original version of this song, this tribute version has a much richer, fuller sound to it and I love Eric Clapton's voice.

18. "Waiting For The Miracle" by Leonard Cohen
Album Title: The Future
Year: 1992

I first heard this song on the Wonder Boys soundtrack and, while I bought that CD for Dylan's "Things Have Changed," I instantly loved this song more. I've since tried listening to other Cohen songs and, sadly, haven't been impressed by what I've heard. However, I listen to this song on an almost daily basis.

17. "Overcome" by Live
Album Title: V
Year: 2001

I’m not sure how it is that this ended up being the only Live song to make the cut – I’ve been a fan of their music since my early teens – but this haunting song has long been a favorite.

16. "Through the Walls" by Bekka & Billy
Album Title: Bekka & Billy
Year: 1997

Bekka Bramlett (daughter of Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett) is without a doubt my favorite female vocalist. I'm not usually a fan of Country music but I love the Bekka & Billy album. Her vocals on this song in particular give me chills. Absolutely beautiful.