Recommend Me Some Movies From the 1970s

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Underrated? I think it's generally considered to be the best of the Roger Moore Bond flicks. If not the best, one of the top few.
Glad you feel that way. You don't hear about it often when you are bringing up the best. At least I never do.

Glad you feel that way. You don't hear about it often when you are bringing up the best. At least I never do.
It's always brought up. It's generally seen as one of the very best Bond films and definitely as Roger Moore's best.
It's not underrated, but you're right that it's a good movie.

If you thought Totoro was creepy, what did you think of the cat bus?
Creepier. Totoro was cute until he smiled, then it was all over. Cat bus was creepy from the start. They're both like cheshire cats from hell.

I don't think I'll be watching that panda movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Creepier. Totoro was cute until he smiled, then it was all over. Cat bus was creepy from the start. They're both like cheshire cats from hell.

I don't think I'll be watching that panda movie.
Darn, I was hoping for a commentary on it.

I don't think anyone's mentioned The Conversation (1974), brilliant film.

I can't remember that many great films from the UK during the 70s apart from Scum (1979) which was a shocking film at the time. The Abominable Dr Phibes is great fun tho, love that film, and Don't Look Now is one of my all time favourites. The 70s seemed to pass by in Britain in a haze of James Bond and horrible Carry On films, dire tv spin off films and those awful Confessions of... even Hammer Horror had gone off the boil, although there was the tail end of so called kitchen dramas like Spring and Port Wine (1970) .

Would definitely second films already mentioned - Apocalypse Now, The Godfather & Godfather II.

Another couple of recommendations are the Japanese Lady Snowblood (1973) and Tess (1979) Roman Polanski's take on Thomas Hardy's book Tess of the D'Urbervilles

Darn, I was hoping for a commentary on it.
I don't think I'll ever watch that movie again. The creatures were creepy and the kids were annoying.

We should do a Mary and Max. commentary though, if you've still not watched it for the HoF. I'm slightly obsessed with that movie.

I don't think anyone's mentioned The Conversation (1974), brilliant film.

I can't remember that many great films from the UK during the 70s apart from Scum (1979) which was a shocking film at the time. The Abominable Dr Phibes is great fun tho, love that film, and Don't Look Now is one of my all time favourites. The 70s seemed to pass by in Britain in a haze of James Bond and horrible Carry On films, dire tv spin off films and those awful Confessions of... even Hammer Horror had gone off the boil, although there was the tail end of so called kitchen dramas like Spring and Port Wine (1970) .
I agree it wasn't a golden era for British film, but there's, probably, a lot more than you'd think.

Get Carter, A Bridge Too Far, The Devils, Frenzy, Hands of the Ripper, Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde, 10 Rillington Place, Death Line, Ryan's Daughter, The Ruling Class, The Black Panther, The Railway Children, Performance, The Wicker Man, Blood on Satan's Claw, Aces High, The Deep End, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, The Music Lovers, Tommy, Savage Messiah, Lisztomania, The Go-Between, A Clockwork Orange, The Day of the Jackal, Macbeth, The Road Builder, O Lucky Man!, Theatre of Blood, Bugsy Malone, The Man Who Would Be King, The Boys from Brazil, The Cassandra Crossing, Force 10 from Navarone, The Man Who Fell to Earth, Alien, Midnight Express, Watership Down, One of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Duellists, Quadrophenia, Radio On, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Walkabout.

It's not too bad.