Movie Help!

Tools    

Hi - I'm looking for the name of a movie which I watched when I was younger. I don't remember too much about it but here's what I do remember.

- Pretty sure if was a late 70's early 80's movie, possible made for TV movie.
- Genre was murder/mystery
- Shot & set in the US
- There was a murderer and was the type that showed people being killed but not who the killer was
- I seem to recall that near the end the killer was walking to a house/apartment and the camera view was from behind showing the killers walking stick with a limp then all of a sudden he stopped limping (this was the twist which gave away who the killer was) and he was attempting to get inside the house/apartment to "kill" the girl
- My memory told me that James Brolin was in the movie but I checked his 70s/80s movies and nothing like that is showing up.

Not a lot to go on but would love to find the movie.

Thanks!

Could it be Hotline? imdb.com/title/tt0084095/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Wow!... I think you're right... I just looked it up on youtube... It's not exactly the same as I remember it but it has the killer with the limp pretending to be someone else and the killer does look a little like James Brolin... Excellent, thanks a lot!

I actually read your post in MovieChat, but I've been recently banned from there (for what I have no idea as I never broke any of their rules), so I Google-searched to see if you posted this elsewhere, and it showed me that you had done so on this site, so I quickly started up an account here and replied to your post.

I don't watch many made-for-TV movies, but I did watch Hotline back when it first aired on TV. When I read your post, it sounded very familiar. All I could remember was that Lynda Carter was in it, and when I looked her up on IMDb, Hotline looked like the movie that I was thinking of.

I sure hope that's it. Thanks for the quick reply!

Your hard work is very much appreciated.... I've been looking for that movie, on and off, for around 10 years!!!