Directed By Women Countdown?

Tools    

Is this what we're doing next? Citizen mentioned it earlier and it seems to be the one most mentioned. I'm cool with anything just wondering because the 40's Countdown is nearly done.

Was looking at this list which is 3151 films directed by women - https://letterboxd.com/michaelhaneke...cted-by-women/

Miniseries are included in it too, i'm sure they don't count. Only seen 93 of them but i already have 21 films i'd be happy to vote for. Was wondering if we are to do this would movies co-directed by women count? Like Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse is directed by Eleanor Coppola, Fax Behr and George Hickenlooper. Was wondering if stuff like that would count, Gimme Shelter (1970) is another one where a woman was one of three directors. Personally i think they should but understand if not.

If we aren't doing this next this thread can be used for recs and stuff anyway as i'm sure we'll do it at some point now that it has been brought up.

Don't think that list is only for directors. The Act of Killing is on it and that was directed by Joshua Oppenheimer.
Actually apparently Christine Cynn is a co-director. Wiki only credits Oppenheimer but she is credited as director elsewhere.

The Wachowski's should count IMO. They are women. I won't be voting for any of their films, still think they should count though.

Hope a big debate about this doesn't start, that was the first thing that crossed my mind when i made the thread.

Let's do this So send Top 10 or 25 to You?
Not sure if this is what we are doing yet, we will have to wait for others to weigh in. This has been the one that was talked about most though so it probably will end up this.

If we are i sadly can't host it. I'd love to but i'm really not reliable for this sort of thing. My internet is screwy and i get very busy at random times so i'd definitely miss some days and i'd not want to do that. Plus i'm terrible with graphics.

Iroquois was the one who suggested it, not sure if he was offering to host or not, can't remember. Suspect also said he'd be interested in running a countdown, not sure if he'd rather host something else though. We've got plenty of time to decide.

I'd be down for this too

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.