What exactly does it take to become a mod?

Tools    

The Elected Movie Eliminator
Out of curiosity.

A system of cells interlinked
Chris is the best qualified to field this one....

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Once you've answered the question, do the hokey-pokey.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Yeah, Toose's question is a good one.

I'm not speaking for Yoda, of course, but personally I would want to know the person for quite awhile, before I put that much power into their hands.

Just sayin'!

Every situation is different, but the very first criteria is whether or not it's needed. We've been blessed in that for many years now we've had lots of regulars who were smart and trustworthy and more than qualified for the position, but we've only had a need for a few at any given time, so lots of good candidates never get asked simply because we're still way ahead of the spam to this point.

If one were needed, I would look at tenure and general temperament. In some cases, other factors like schedule would come into play. For example, a bit of spam was getting through overnight because most of the mods and myself were asleep, and I was determined to add one who could cover more of the night. I assumed this would be someone from overseas in a different time zone, but Destiny keeps later hours than most of us, so I asked her to help us out, and she's done a great job.

So, each situation is different, but the criteria that never changes is picking someone considerate who can exercise solid judgment, someone who doesn't mind talking decisions out with the rest of us, and someone who's been around long enough to demonstrate that they have a stake in this place.

I don't think we'll need another mod for awhile yet, but our post totals have been quite high this year, so if it continues, we'll certainly have to revisit the issue at some point.

Answer this question:

Why do you want to be a MoFo mod?
I don't. I'm already mod/news-reporter on another movie forum, it just was out of curiosity, seeing that all forums are different.

You want to post like me?
And finally, you gotta have heart. Which I know seems to contradict the second qualification on this list
You're kidding right?

The first rule of being a mod, is you don't talk about being a mod.
The second rule of being a mod is... You... Don't... Talk... About... Being... A... Mod.

The first rule of being a mod, is you don't talk about being a mod.
The second rule of being a mod is... You... Don't... Talk... About... Being... A... Mod.
How many times do I have to tell you all?!

It was out of curiosity, what kind of a forum is this, I make one question that involves the word "mod" and now you're all thinking I want to be one, in which I don't.

How many times do I have to tell you all?!
Maybe ten or twelve more times would suffice.

It was out of curiosity, what kind of a forum is this,
A movie one.

I make one question that involves the word "mod" and now you're all thinking I want to be one, in which I don't.
Sorry, but perhaps the problem is in the way that you worded your question. Obviously, everyone who responded thought you were asking about becoming a mod here rather than what the general qualifications of being a mod here are. See the difference?

Griping at other users, particularly those who are obviously joking (see honeykid's Fight Club reference), doesn't seem the wisest course of action when it was your choice in wording the question that caused the confusion.

How many times do I have to tell you all?! I want to be one!
I didn't know you wanted to be a Mod that badly, well good luck with your efforts in achieving your dream.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think Yods has done a great job picking the Mods we have