Kathryn Bigelow's DETROIT (2017)

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.

Synopsis:
The fact-based drama is set in the summer of ’67, when police raided an unlicensed bar where dozens of African-Americans were celebrating the return of two soldiers from the Vietnam War.

After they attempted to arrest everyone present, tensions escalated and boiled over, resulting in a five-day riot that remains one of the deadliest in U.S. history, with 43 killed and nearly 1,200 injured.
August 4th.

Chief cook and bottlewasher
August 4th is sooooo far away!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Looks intense and I really like the look of the film, seems to capture that time period perfectly.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't win an argument just by being right!
This looks great. I had no idea about that incident.

This might just do nobody any good.
Early reviews have come in and it's sounding mixed, particularly as to how exactly the film uses its subject matter.

Some praise its visceral nature and how it sticks to the facts, others call it distant and overstuffed. Seems like not a lot of it focuses on the riots themselves but on the causes and effects.

One thing that's sticks is this:
Bigelow's previous films - The Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty - feature characters who've reached an emptiness that leaves them asking themselves "what now?"

Detroit does this to its audience.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I wanna see this, but it looks like a made for tv movie.