Christian Bale

Tools    

I find subhuman, unbelievable the way that Christian Bale change his body.Any other actor can't try those diets.The machinist, Fighter, I'm not here and more.
Christian is fantastic!!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I think there is already a thread about Mr Bale, but in the spirit of the thread, I'm a fan. He's solid in everything he does, and his performance in American Psycho might be the best of the 2000's so far. I don't really care about the details of his personal life, that shouldn't factor in when judging a performance.

Definitely one of my favourite actors although maybe I'm being slightly biased because he's actually from my home town of Haverfordwest (Wales)

Not seen American Psycho yet but I'm a fan of the Batman series and the new '3:10 to Yuma'.

Yeah, there's at least one thread on this topic already.

While Bale certainly dedicates himself to roles physically, I can't say I've ever been all that impressed with him in terms of actual acting. Some might call his performances "stoic," but to me they are wooden. I've seen him in two of the three new Batman movies, The Prestige, The Machinist, American Psycho, and 3:10 to Yuma. Of those, the only performance I felt was really any good (again, in terms of molding his expressions, actions, inflections etc. to the character, not just his body) was 3:10 to Yuma, though IMO he was pretty much the weak link in that film.

I find subhuman, unbelievable the way that Christian Bale change his body.Any other actor can't try those diets.The machinist, Fighter, I'm not here and more.
Christian is fantastic!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Powderfinger, losing weight to the extremes that Bale has is in a different class of discipline from those who gain weight, whether it's fat or muscle. Bale ate one apple per day for "The Machinist" whereas the likes of Jackman are eating cartloads of food to increase their muscle mass, most likely taking a load of steroids too. Afterall they are not athletes that need to be drug tested. Yes they are working hard in the gym for a like 2-4 hours per day to get in that shape but Bale must have had pain 24 hours per day to basically not eat for months on end.

What about Donnie Walberg?

Well, DeNero and Hillary Swank and Charlize Theron have also done fantastic body transformations.
What I especially love about Christian Bale is the intensity he brings to his roles.

Theron has a great body and that helps!

It was a alright movie and won an oscar didn't she? I can't remember.

When I first saw Christian Bale I couldn't stand him but he has grown on me over the years since I first saw Equilibrium back in 2002. He's not a favourite actor of mine but I enjoy seeing him in films now.

Do you like his anger on film sets? lol! His passionate

It was a alright movie and won an oscar didn't she? I can't remember.
Yeah, she won Best Actress, but personaly, having seen the real Aileen Woodros, I thought that Charlize was a bit over the top. Obviously, most of the Academy didn't agree with me.