Robin Hood

Tools    

I love the 'story' of Robin Hood... but I thought I read somewhere that Crowe was going to play the sheriff... I probably read it half asleep though...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

In the Beginning...
Yeah, it seems the early buzz was that Ridley Scott originally intended to make the film Nottingham, centered around the Sheriff's viewpoint as the protagonist with Robin Hood the villain, and Russell Crowe playing both parts.

Then, Scott stated the film will suppose that Robin, prior to becoming the notorious outlaw, was actually the Sheriff of Nottingham, and chose (for moral reasons, probably) to forego his station and become the forest bandit Robin Hood.

Currently, the film is tentatively titled Robin Hood, with no indication of a turnaround plot.

Wuh?

One man for the job but the right man
A new Robin Hood movie? Sounds awsome to me... and Crowe as Robin Hood seems like a great selection to me... I look forward to this

I kinda like his outfit... so far, that is. The best I've ever seen though was in Robin of Sherwood... Ray Winstone was Will Scarlet in it...

and I believe it won several awards for costume...

You should definitely check it out... they mixed in some of the old Celtic legends with it which made it a bit different than most of the other tales of Robin Hood...

I'll keep an eye on this. Here's hoping they Hollywood it right up: arrows through people's eyes, Little John gruesomly breaking some guy's arm in a bar fight, a sex scene with an obviously enhanced Maid Marian. Awesome. To the max.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Let me know what you think... I haven't watched it in a while but have the 1st season on DVD...
Will do.

I'm a sucker for Celtic stuff. Read some Celtic mythology back in college. I love the Morrigan.

I'll keep an eye on this. Here's hoping they Hollywood it right up: arrows through people's eyes, Little John gruesomly breaking some guy's arm in a bar fight, a sex scene with an obviously enhanced Maid Marian. Awesome. To the max.
Yeah, man. I can't wait to see Robin Hood fire, like, eight arrows at once, and hit eight bad guys perfectly.

In the Beginning...
Costner's accent never really bothered me just because I think if he had tried to perform a British accent, it would have been worse.

Plus, I've read that studios generally don't like actors trying to replicate an accent because they believe it turns off viewers and drags down attendance. I think K19: Widowmaker was cited as an example.