The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I LOVED Rat Race when it first came out. Saw it twice in theaters. I actually rewatched some of it not long ago. I dunno if it completely holds up with me now. Whoopi's good in it. Her scenes are definitely my favorites.

I have no earthy idea why Rise is so highly regarded. It's pretty entertaining and I was certainly impressed by the CGI, but the acting was hammy (Felton was cringe-inducing) for the most part and definitely isn't one of my top 100 for the decade.

I wasn't expecting to see American Splendor. It's been on my radar for a while since I love Paul Giamatti, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Oh, and I caught Master and Commander the other night. Not perfect, but you'll get no arguments from me about its inclusion here. Very enjoyable.

I have no earthy idea why Rise is so highly regarded. It's pretty entertaining and I was certainly impressed by the CGI, but the acting was hammy (Felton was cringe-inducing) for the most part and definitely isn't one of my top 100 for the decade.
I have to agree with you here and I posted my thoughts in another thread having watched it the other week, why I can understand the film may be very enjoyable and isn't bad at all, especially when you look at the CGI and Serkis' performance as Ceaser.

But when you look past the apes the film is pretty poor and basically acts as a vehicle (that has little effort put in to it) to allow the apes to display their emotions and actions. The plot is unrealistic a lot, the acting is OK from post actors but nothing beyond what is required to advance the story (looking at Franco and Lithgow here) and the screenplay is poor IMO, some of the dialogue is so unrealistic and often unnatural such as the conversations between Franco and his boss.

Like I said I can understand how it got on the list, an enjoyable film that could have been worse but wouldn't get in to my top 25 ahead of what are IMO stronger films all round.

I enjoyed Rise. It was very heart felt, had stunning special effects, and great acting.

Haven't seen American Splendor but I like most Giamatti

I can see it being in a top 100 on an individual's list but wouldn't have seen it being in enough top 25s to make a combined list

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Rise of the apes was one of the better films of 2011, no surprise.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Still no films from my list, but I have no problems with the first ten. I think basically MoFos have good taste.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Loved Apes. Not sure if I just forgot about it for consideration or if I decided to leave it as it was only based on one viewing at the time. Rodent will certainly be pleased.

I'll need to try American Splendor again one day. Watched it a couple of years back but bailed after about 45 minutes I think, just couldn't get into it.

So far just one from my list (Iron Man) but most of the films I really like/love so enjoying the list so far.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I reckon that if "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" had been released in 2001 it wouldn't have made the list.

It will be interesting to see if the entire list leans toward having more films from the last few years as opposed to films from 2000-2005.

I'm going to predict that 60% of all the films will come from 2006-2011. Could be totally wrong though.

I love American Splendor. I might have voted for it (not real sure - I threw out my PM with my list.)

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Rise, so I'm cool with it being on the list. I didn't vote for American Splendor, but to be honest it's much better than some of the movies that I did. For some reason, I just didn't think about it when making my list.

None of my picks so far. I'm predicting that four will make it.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Didn't really care much for Apes, but I don't have any real complaints about it being on the list, it's a solid film in every respect.

So far, none of my list has made it on, but it's still early days, and I'm sure at least 25% of my list will make it.

So, so far it's been:

100. The Bourne Identity
99. Iron Man
98. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
97. Black Dynamite
96. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
95. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
94. Brotherhood of the Wolf
93. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
92. Rise of the Planet of the Apes
91. American Splendor

Alright, well, let's get a move on before snails take over the world.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So far, none of my list has made it on, but it's still early days, and I'm sure at least 25% of my list will make it.
That makes six-and-one-quarter movies. I wonder if one of them could be construed as being one-fourth. Planet Terror and Death Proof count as more than 25% of Grindhouse, but maybe there are some others, and I'll give you those if you picked one of those and it makes it. Like you really care...