The MoFo Millenium Top 100 Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Even though it didn't make my list I'm delighted with O Brother... making it. That was at like #26 or #27 for me. Still not seen Master and Commander even though I've had the DVD kicking about for a few years now.

Even those too. Maybe you should watch them with some of your simpler friends?
As a lover of both the films I take great offence!!!

Also just had an idea that may have been good, but is a little late. When you were working out the list Brodinski you could have sent a PM out to people for comments on some of the films they listed. Just a little paragraph or two about why that person likes that particular film.

That way you could have have had #97 - Black Dynamite along with a picture and then undernearth something like - HoneyKid likes this film because "it is an absolutely hilarious film which both spoofs and pays loving homage to the blaxploitation genre, a genre I am very familiar with. With references to films including Shaft, The Mack and Coffy it is very knowledgeable of the genre and makes great use of it for some wonderful gags. And in the lead role Michael Jai White is terrific."

Or something like that. Just to note I've not seen the film, nor do I know HoneyKid's opinions on the film other than he likes/loves it so I'm just making s**t up!

^Glad to see I'm not the only person who didn't care for No Country.
Yeah, you're not alone. In hindsight though the idea that the movie is actually about Tommy Lee Jones' character does make sense to me, especially in terms of the ending which at the time I thought was just about the worst thing ever, but only because I wanted a big payoff for the Moss/Chigurh storyline, which of course I didn't get. Gotta rewatch it.

Also just had an idea that may have been good, but is a little late. When you were working out the list Brodinski you could have sent a PM out to people for comments on some of the films they listed. Just a little paragraph or two about why that person likes that particular film.

That way you could have have had #97 - Black Dynamite along with a picture and then undernearth something like - HoneyKid likes this film because "it is an absolutely hilarious film which both spoofs and pays loving homage to the blaxploitation genre, a genre I am very familiar with. With references to films including Shaft, The Mack and Coffy it is very knowledgeable of the genre and makes great use of it for some wonderful gags. And in the lead role Michael Jai White is terrific."

Or something like that. Just to note I've not seen the film, nor do I know HoneyKid's opinions on the film other than he likes/loves it so I'm just making s**t up!
I like this but maybe it's a little much for the whole 100. Could be good for the top 10/20 though, if Brodinski's up for it.

and watch Black Dynamite already!

Yeah, you're not alone. In hindsight though the idea that the movie is actually about Tommy Lee Jones' character does make sense to me, especially in terms of the ending which at the time I thought was just about the worst thing ever, but only because I wanted a big payoff for the Moss/Chigurh storyline, which of course I didn't get. Gotta rewatch it.
That does make more sense, and I thought the ending was pretty terrible too, but I don't care enough to rewatch it.

Surprised by all six listed so far (well, maybe not O Brother...). Good job, Mofo. Even if you suck you're alright in my book.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Master And Commander? O, Brother...

At the rate this is going, it'll be almost a year from now before this countdown ends.

Only seen it once but I loved O Brother, Where Art Thou? Yoda will be pleased.
Aye. The majority of those 39 points are from my entry.

The Coens have maybe three films that are such masterpieces that it's kind of hard to say one is better than the others. So I won't say O Brother, Where Art Thou? is better crafted, or even a better film, than No Country or Fargo. But I enjoy watching it more than any of their others. It's one of my all-time favorite films by any director, in fact. The colors, the humor, and my God, the music. It's just gorgeous in every sense of the word.

Wish it'd been higher, but I'm glad it's on here all the same.

The pessimism on this thread is too damn high!

Even though Im partially involved

Whoawhoawhoa, wait a minute, let me join in on the No Country hate parade! And I thought everybody liked that movie. For a film widely hailed as one of the decade's best, I found it rather dull- certainly not thrilling at all. Props to Bardem's performance, though.

^Also, props to Donniedarko for Jimmy McMillan

Whoawhoawhoa, wait a minute, let me join in on the No Country hate parade! And I thought everybody liked that movie. For a film widely hailed as one of the decade's best, I found it rather dull- certainly not thrilling at all. Props to Bardem's performance, though.
It was pretty dull and not at all the masterpiece people were making it out to be.

Unfortunately I'm quite certain there will be another opportunity to roll out the hate parade when No Country makes its inevitable appearance on this list. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it at least stays out of the top 20.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Coen Bros. films you guys are raggin' on seem a little weird. Although I did not vote for one of theirs in this "exercise", the ones you may not like seem WAY better than Burn After Reading and A Serious Man. Oh? You like those? HA! I'm not even sure why I'm posting this here, but maybe we have two more days to discuss films which AREN'T on the list yet.

The Coen Bros. films you guys are raggin' on seem a little weird. Although I did not vote for one of theirs in this "exercise", the ones you may not like seem WAY better than Burn After Reading and A Serious Man. Oh? You like those? HA! I'm not even sure why I'm posting this here, but maybe we have two more days to discuss films which AREN'T on the list yet.
Overall I liked Burn After Reading. But that could be their weakest movie that I have seen from them. It was too random.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
As a big fan of the Coen Brothers I really need to see 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'
Coen Siblings you mean. After all they aren't brothers.