Films You Like To Hate!

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Should we change the title of the thread to "Films You Hate to Like"? Or maybe we can make it "Films You Hate Not to Hate"?

Disagreeing and being blatantly disrespectful are two different things. This is the kind of behavior you'd expect from the general public, not a discussion forum amongst fellow movie lovers. Hope at least it made you feel a little better about yourself.

Oh, and I love to hate The Town.
Childish behavior is you neg repping 20 of my posts randomly. Good thing I cant cash in my rep for a prize. If I agree with something I hit the plus and I hit the neg rep for something I dont agree with.

Childish behavior is you neg repping 20 of my posts randomly.
Kinda got a point here. I'm amazed.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

love me if you dare : /

I hate the trio of Will Ferrel, Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler to the core. Add Rob Schneider to that and you have a bunch of most irritating actors ever. They are just not funny.
I know a lot of people love Will Ferrel's comedy but I just can't stand it, every time I try to see one of his films, I feel my IQ falling through the floor. I wish one day I can understand why people rate him and some of his movies like Anchorman so high. Until then, I'll hate them with all my heart.

Notable exception to the above: Stranger than Fiction

Welcome to the human race...
I wish one day I can understand why people rate him and some of his movies like Anchorman so high.
It's simple - they find him funny.

The Godfather isn't a terrible movie, but it's not as great as people go on. The fact that people have such a strong reaction to anyone who even hints they didn't adore it is the reason why I go out of my way to hate on it.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Welcome to the human race...
Well, the title of this thread is "Films You Like to Hate" so there is some implication of going out of one's way just to hate a film.

28 Days Later
Sunshine
Inception
District 9
Mullholland Drive
Lost Highway
Wild At Heart
Watchmen

Crash (2004)
The Lovely Bones
Sukiyaki Western Django
Judge Dredd
All the Alien sequels and releated films since Cameron's Aliens
Quantum Of Solace
Piranha (2010)

...and many more.

[EDIT] Throw Requiem for a Dream and Slither in there too.

Mullholland Drive
David Linch is my fav director. his "elephant man" is so amazing.. but mullholand not, it's truely boring

"A film is a putrified fountain of thought"
I like to hate all political documentaries with facts that are clearly pulled out of nowhere. The world's water will be completely depleted in 7 years? We should legalize pot because research shows that medication does nothing for depression? Umm, I call BS. If you're gonna manipulate facts for your own agenda at least take a lesson from the politicians you're bashing and learn to do it sneakily

I can't stand The Book of Eli. But only because they ripped off Fallout 3. On the other hand, I love it for its sarcasm, how it captured and reflected the absurd trends in cinema nowadays, and how it made fun of what sort of pc constraints the film makers have to labour under.

i was in the movies- kinda
the wickerman [nick cage]
the ending of 'eagle eye'.

i was in the movies- kinda
David Lynch is my fav director. his "elephant man" is so amazing.. but mullholand not, it's truely boring
fixed that for you...

eraserhead was so claustrophobic-