Mel Gibson to direct Leonardo DiCaprio in Viking Epic

Tools    

Big Chico's Movie Blog
It looks like Mel Gibson is going back to what he does best, MAKING MOVIES. Please understand I don’t mean starring in them, I mean actually making them like The Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto. It’s been since 2006 since Mel directed a movie, and this time not only is he making another epic but bringing some real star power with him.

Leonardo DiCaprio set to star in Mel’s latest epic adventure. The movie will be based on Vikings in the truest sense. Sources close to Gibson say this movie will be no less sparing of reality then his other movies. The source material for the movie is suspected to be based off The Drowner, an adaptation of Robert Drewe’s novel of the same name.

It’s about time Mel got back to doing a good movie. So far the only things we will able to see him in are a movie where he has a puppet of a beaver on his hand (The Beaver) and a Boston cop movie where his accent is so bad I could hardly watch the trailer (Edge of Darkness).

I hate watching actors that I love get old and try to do the roles similar to the ones that made them famous. Gibson should just retire to behind the camera. Even if you didn’t like the subject matter of his latter directorial projects, you can’t deny the great cinematography and direction. Mel Gibson has done everything in his power to destroy his reputation. At this stage in the game he should sit back, make movies, and maybe even find us the next big action star.

Whether you agree with his representation of history or not you gotta admit Gibson sets out to make the movies he wants to and does so with his own cash. I'll be looking forward to this one.

What's your source on this, Chico?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Whether you agree with his representation of history or not you gotta admit Gibson sets out to make the movies he wants to and does so with his own cash. I'll be looking forward to this one.

His website lol

Big Chico's Movie Blog

My source was www.slashfilm.net. If you go there they have more of whats technicaly going on with the movie. I took the story from more of a Mel Gibsons a goon angle.

I'm a Mel fan no matter if he is behind or in front of the camera. You can count on the fact that this will be an excellent movie.I don't know about Leo being a viking he's a little small and a little to pretty boyish but he is an excellent actor and I'm sure he will pull it off.

Semper Fooey
Mel Gibson is a piece of garbage. The only way this movie will get made is if he finances it himself or finds backers outside of the studio system. I'll take bets that says if this movie becomes more than his sadomasicistic pipe dream, DiCaprio won't be in it.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I'm excited for this because both Braveheart and Apocalypto were great

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Just the title for this thread gives me goosebumps I cannot wait for more info on this

Mel Gibson is a piece of garbage.
I've seen garbage... and I've seen Mel Gibson... and I fail to see the resemblance...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Employee of the Month
He obviously don`t like jews... or the police. That`s not very clever, but I don`t give a ****, because the last Gibson-movie, I were really interested in, was released in 1995. Never understood why everyone have to bother about the private life of Hollywood actors nowadays. Once the "Ratpack" roamed around in Las Vegas, which was mainly build up by the mafia. No one cared, it was regarded as a form of cool rebellion. Today we live in a fat-free, smoke-free, oversexed world and the rich and the famous commit their sins behind close doors or play stupid games with the paparazzi.
Or they got caught drunk and some jerk with a mobile phone is on guard, so that the usual idiots are able to talk the average garbage.

Topic: I try to imagine Leo DiCaprio as an Viking, but I get no picture!
He`s way to small and a big beard would look weird on him. Otherhand: Kirk D. haven`t needed one either.

Making a difference
looking forward to it already . Mel wld surely do justice to Leonardo's talent

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I never even noticed it growing up, but Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis and Ernest Borgnine were all only 5'9" max, and they were in the best viking flick so far (The Vikings). Leo is 6'. If this isn't a big enough beard, they do have things called makeup which they use on movie sets occasionally.