Online Communities That You Can Not Stand?

Tools    

So I have been on a ton of websites, wikis, and forums that I have went to over the years. One example of this is Ultimate Guitar which I do not like because it is too based around metal music and not the other genres(I like complex music but certainly not metal), bad Wednesday Questions(Mine always gets on Friday's top), and several opinion dis-respecters. I just like communities where there are a variety of opinions and not ones where they all have the same opinion(I like how some people say they love Freddy Got Fingered).

Movie Forum is not obnoxious, in fact it is one of the most mature communities I have seen.
I will discuss more later.

What are Online Communities that you do not like?

This is the only one I belong to or frequent so I can't really contribute. Good to know you don't find us obnoxious though

Arch Linux forums, there's only one answer given to newbies questions: RTFM! Which is just why I don't use Arch.
Hey CR what is RTFM?
Did you build your own computrer?

Hey CR what is RTFM?
Did you build your own computrer?
It's: 'Read The F****** Manual'...it's an elitist type group there, I.E. snobs...Not my style.

Nah, I didn't build my own computer I'm too poor for that as the individual components end up costing a pretty penny. Though I have swapped out & upgraded most of my computer guts

It's: 'Read The F****** Manual'...it's an elitist type group there, I.E. snobs...Not my style.

Nah, I didn't build my own computer I'm too poor for that as the individual components end up costing a pretty penny. Though I have swapped out & upgraded most of my computer guts
That is pretty cool in itself as far as I am concerned.

Here's that group in their office...

Here's that group in their office...
OMG, that was really funny. I laughed more times in that 5 minutes than I did during the last 90min comedy movie I watched. Loved the part where he says the old laptop must have been bought on The Antique Roadshow...I use to watch that show!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Reddit. They are killing traditional message boards. They're so impersonal. The set-up is absolutely ridiculous. So many people are jerks. So many rules just to create a post. 38 pieces of flair, and even when you comply with the bullshit, "The moderators have" basically never allowed it to appear for a second. So I barely use it, but I've cut down dramatically on every site. I'm not watching movies (despite my nightly pleas to myself) and I can only repeat myself so many times. And my laptop being screwed up is another reason I don't spend much time online anymore.

Pretty much most online communities which aren't effectively moderated, to be honest. I use to regularly post at several sites, but I've greatly cut back on most of them since, while I've run into plenty of decent people on those sites, a great deal of other people are insufferable to talk to for various reasons. This forum, however, has been among the most civilized places I've posted at.

Other communities that bother me include:

Like Matt said, certain Reddit forums can be filled with annoying users. Sadly, Criterion people only like to show off their grand collections that they spent $100s of dollars for while they could just watch most of those movies online or on well... Criterion Channel!

Closing Logo Group - I used to be a member of the wiki, and felt like everybody there had big egos and took logos way too seriously. I do respect logos at the beginning and end of programs as an art form, but this wiki created tons of drama over the years. Luckily, the old admins just got blocked and the wiki went through a name change. I still call it the CLG though, because that is the name I am familiar with from when I used it years ago.

All Reception Wikis
- These wikis discuss what programs are "good" or "bad" with nothing in the middle. I swear that I do not believe in those sites. Just read a page or some thread posts to see what I mean. This wiki seemed to be run by kids when I was there. Luckily, it looks like these wikis are closing. There is also "Awful" Movies Wiki, "Greatest" Movies Wiki, and many other of these, but I assure you that they were an addicting waste of time for me. These wikis were just something nice to go on when I had nothing else to do. I prefer reading actual critic reviews now as they could pan a classic movie or praise a bad movie which seems interesting. Again, I do not mind anyone saying that they love Freddy Got Fingered or North or any of the infamously bad ones that most hated hated hated hated.

There is also the Spongebob community, which I feel that everyone acts the same and overreact when a character is being mean on the show. Who cares when the episodes are only 11 minutes and that characters have been even more mean in the movies. People are allowed to have opinions though.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Reddit. They are killing traditional message boards. They're so impersonal. The set-up is absolutely ridiculous. So many people are jerks. So many rules just to create a post. 38 pieces of flair, and even when you comply with the bullshit, "The moderators have" basically never allowed it to appear for a second.
"On second thought, maybe bashing electronic music as "button-pushing" on an electronic music subreddit wasn't a good idea after all." - thought matt while drumming away on his real-and-not-machine drums.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.