MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The Mariners are in a 12 game winning streak (which I sort of hope to jinx just by talking about them) and I'm sure Mariners fans everywhere believe they are going to win the World Series. I won't go that far as I'm a seasoned vet when it comes to watching the sh*t show that is Seattle sports most years. If I were into predictions I would say right now that they won't make the playoffs because a second half collapse will and does happen. Every. Single. Year.

That said tho If they at least keep it up somewhat and stay competitive I may revisit my ban on Mariners players on my fantasy team. Maybe...

A system of cells interlinked
And here we are...at the break...

After all my focused scrutiny, savvy moves (spacing out on the Iglesias claim being the most memorable), and payoffs to various players around the MLB, all my hard work has paid off. Here I sit, as predicted...in 5th.

Yes, I will be taking on padawans from the league in droves, I am sure. You too can regress toward the mean like a champ!

Anyway - my offense is back to being mostly healthy, while my pitching staff are dropping like flies. Here's to a better second half for everyone except any manger that owns a team not named Clockwork Angels.

11th Place, and no hope in hell. At times like this its best to make the most of it, and what better way than to roster a player named Lars Nootbaar. God I love Baseball.

Chris is killin it this year. Good for you big dog! Keep it up! I literally haven't made 1 good move this season. Imma bought to cut half my team and go full apocalypse mode to try and jam myself into third. There's no way I'm even getting to 100 at this point tho. So painfully below average I've been. I guess I'm due for season like this. I guess.... doesn't mean I have to like it!

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It was nice being near the top but not my team has shown it's true colors as a below average team. Oh and Chisholm being out gives me less hope that I won't go even lower

Can someone clue me in to how this works? I'm just getting in to baseball so I probably won't join or whatever for now, but maybe in the long run.

Just look up rotisserie baseball, and you'll get a feel for it. It's a really fun way to stay involved in baseball even if you're like me and don't really follow baseball that much. We have a pretty damn good roto league here. It's a fairly simple thing that can be incredibly difficult to execute. Just have as many of the best players in baseball on your "team", as possible and it's a breeze! I joke but that's pretty true. The best part is the day to day moves that really make ya feel like you're managing a baseball team. I warn you tho. Once u start its difficult to stop. It's a blast.

Yeah, roto "feels" the most like baseball, the day-in, day-out grind of it and all that. I like that every single choice you make all year counts, unlike H2H where everything is reset after each matchup, essentially.

Well, at least he's a baseball player. Maybe he can keep playing someday. Chris Carson however is a football player and as I was pretty much predicting last year... he will never play again. Probably rightly so. A man needs his neck!

Ugh! That's a seriously sobering shot to him and all his fans. Hopefully he won't be the next Albert Pujols and finish the second half of his career in mediocrity.

The trick is not minding
Mike Trouts career has been amazing, but there will always be this cloud of injuries the last 3 years where everyone will ask “What could he have accomplished if he was healthy?”

Eh, this has happened to a lot of guys. Even before Griffey left town his body was already breaking down. It's a bummer. At least most baseball players get 10 to 15 years on average. Not many football players make it 10. I think running backs are down to under 4 years now? Something like that. Sports is hard.