Is Anya Taylor-Joy a good choice to voice Princess Peach?: Mario movie

Tools    

I haven't actually seen anything with her in it, but I know that she is apparently a phenomenal actress. Most recently, she has been in Last Night in Soho and The Northman. Plus, she has even been nominated for and won various awards.

With that being said, do you think she is the right choice? She certainly looks the part, but that isn't gonna help her much, since this is an animated movie. So, can she act the part?

The trick is not minding
I will watch her in anything. Quite often, she’s the best thing about the film. Talented actress, was really good in both Last Night in Soho and The Northman.

Welcome to the human race...
Yes, I'm sure she's up to the challenge of playing Princess Peach.

Welcome to the human race...
I think I'm taking it about as seriously as it needs to be. The casting for this Mario movie is all over the place anyway (the man himself is being played by Chris Pratt of all people) so the question of whether Anya Taylor-Joy will manage to do a good job of voicing Peach does not like seem like a major point of concern in a multitude of ways.

Celebrity voice casting is 95% pointless market signaling for people looking for something that tells them "we put production value into this" without having to think about it. It has its purpose there, but it's really only for that kind of person, who engages with movies on that level. Not anything wrong with that, but not a lot of overlap with, well, this crowd.

The other 5% is, like, Robin Williams as the genie or something. But most of the time the movies themselves would be better if voiced by professional (and often little-known, though there are some exceptions) voice actors.

Also answers to Jabba
I think I'm taking it about as seriously as it needs to be. The casting for this Mario movie is all over the place anyway (the man himself is being played by Chris Pratt of all people) so the question of whether Anya Taylor-Joy will manage to do a good job of voicing Peach does not like seem like a major point of concern in a multitude of ways.

I was joking...

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The fact that you can swap out the lead voice of Red in Hoodwinked from 1 to 2....and no one really noticing. Tells me all I need to know about "celebrity" voice acting.

I'm all aboard the Anya Taylor Joy train though, she was great in Thoroughbreds.

Suspect's Reviews

I was joking...

Dude, this is serious business.

I'm actually in Ravenclaw
Taylor-Joy is up for any part the industry throws at her. I guarantee it.