Ending of "Marathon Man" with Hoffman 1976

Tools    

Hi All,

Just saw this gem again recently. Perhaps it's explained in the book version, or maybe I'm not seeing something - but anyone know (or wonder) how Levy deduces exactly which bank (and time for that matter) Olivier's character is going to be in when he catches up wit him?

I guess maybe the jewelry district in general he figures?

If that seems harsh (though it's really just blunt), it's because:

1) The Movie Questions forum is prominent on the home page.

2) There's a special warning (in red) about this exact thing just below the title field when a brand new user creates a thread in General as their first post.

3) There's a prompt that comes up if they continue anyway and use certain question-like phrases in the title.

So someone's gotta look past quite a few things to do this.

If that seems harsh (though it's really just blunt), it's because: ...
Just my thought. Your questions forum has become an ID this movie forum. Maybe that is not want you wanted it to be, but that is what it has become. From your sticky: "If you're in this forum, it's probably because you're trying to remember a movie's title and want some help. Great; that's what this forum's for. But please observe a few simple rules in doing so:"
This is more of a discussion of something in the movie. Yes it is in the form of a question but I see it as more of a "let's discuss this" topic. IMHO.

Yeah, that is indeed what I wanted it to become. I understand the distinction you're making about discussion, and sometimes threads are both a question and a general call to discussion, though that's not how I read this thread.