The Secret Life of cinemaafficionado

Tools    

I'm busted on the age thing? Most of those photos were from 2007 - 2008. You think I'd be stupid enough to post what I look like now?
Uh, that means you're, like, 35 in those. That's going to be your story, is it?

Busted on time zone? If I'm not mistaken, it's 1:05pm in LA right now.
It sure is. But you're posting from China right now.

I'm busted on the age thing? Most of those photos were from 2007 - 2008. You think I'd be stupid enough to post what I look like now?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Uh, that means you're, like, 35 in those. That's going to be your story, is it?]

Gees, if I was 6 in 78, how old would I be now?

It sure is. But you're posting from China right now.
Oh, and I thought that it was illegal to track IP. Assuming I was in China, you are so clearly busted. But don't worry, it's not the only violation you would need to woory about.

Uh, no, it isn't illegal at all. It's an environmental variable available to every server you visit.

You also challenged me earlier in the thread to check your IP, remember? You should probably be writing this stuff down so you can keep it straight.

Uh, no, it isn't illegal at all. It's an environmental variable available to every server you visit.

You also challenged me earlier in the thread to check your IP, remember? You should probably be writing this stuff down so you can keep it straight.
Yeah, you mean the words coming out of your mouth that it would be illegal to do so. So, you were lying when you said that.

Nope; I said you need a court order to trace an IP to an individual, not to know what part of the world it's coming from:

Why don't you try to run my IP address Yoda and see if you can find out who I am.
Uh, you can't trace IPs without a court order, and I'm pretty sure even with one you can't use them to find out who someone's dating.
I guess you just remembered the word "court" and the rest got smushed together. Which is understandable: I forget things all the time, and that's without the added difficulty of trying to maintain a fictional second life.

You have a terrible memory. I said you need a court order to trace an IP to an individual, not to know what part of the world it's coming from.
Ok, so what would be the point of trying to point out my present whereabouts?

Here we go again, with the playing dumb. The point would be that when someone asked you why you weren't out partying, you pretended to be on PST:

I didn't know New Year's Eve parties started just past noon
There's also the fact that you just spent, like, six posts refusing to admit you were in China because you mistakenly thought I couldn't prove you wrong.

Here we go again, with the playing dumb. The point would be that when someone asked you why you weren't out partying, you pretended to be on PST:

There's also the fact that you just spent, like, six posts refusing to admit you were in China because you mistakenly thought I couldn't prove you wrong.
Your whole arguement is based on your assumptions about what I do and why I'm doing it. First of all, you should know that most Chinese celebrate their own New Year in February.
Why should I educate some clown in bum who knows where about anything I am doing or not doing?

So when you made a sarcastic comment about it being noon, you meant "noon...and a month from now." The month thing was obviously implied. And you pretended not to be in China for awhile just for fun, fun which coincided perfectly for the duration of time you mistakenly thought I couldn't know otherwise. It all makes perfect sense!

Why should I educate some clown in bum who knows where about anything I am doing or not doing?
I'm fighting the urge to make this my signature.

I am a clown in bum.

So when you made a sarcastic comment about it being noon, you meant "noon...and a month from now." The month thing was obviously implied. And you pretended not to be in China for awhile just for fun.
Actualy, I clearly stated that I am American ( since some of those arguing with me were not ) and that it is noon in America. I did not say that I was actualy in America nor that I was in China.
I tried to not address their lame attempt to tie partying to whatever they thought I should be doing or not doing on their New Year's Eve.
I fail to see how all this is relevant to the pics that I posted of myself.

Actualy, I clearly stated that I am American ( since some of those arguing with me were not ) and that it is noon in America. I did not say that I was actualy in America nor that I was in China.
Er, no, you didn't say it was noon in America. Someone asked you why you weren't celebrating, and you said "I didn't know New Year's Eve parties started just past noon" That sentence makes zero sense as a response if you're in China.

I fail to see how all this is relevant to the pics that I posted of myself.
Oh, it isn't: it's just another really bad lie.

But you make a good point: back to the photos! Nothing you've posted demonstrates that you're the guy in those photos. But thankfully, there's an easy way to settle this (which has been pointed out to you several times): just post a photo of yourself, right now, holding up a piece of paper that says "Hi Yoda" or "Movie Forums" or something else you couldn't Google. And then we'll know we're looking at a picture of you, and can go from there. Easy.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
He can't post pics of his totally different (as in way different from 5-6 years ago) current self remember silly, someone could use those to track down and assassinate him.

You know what? This is my New Year's Resolution: I will stop wasting time on this forum communicating with people I get no satisfaction communicating with. You all must lead exceptionaly boring lives and you couldn't afford to pay me enough money to entertain you. Accept this freebie as a token of my good will. Now, go back to stroking yourselves.

SAYONARA

Right, because after hours and hours of arguing with people and posting pictures, it's the request that takes 5 minutes to fulfill and would shut everyone up that's finally the last straw. Naturally.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
You know what? This is my New Year's Resolution: I will stop wasting time on this forum communicating with people I get no satisfaction communicating with. You all must lead exceptionaly boring lives and you couldn't afford to pay me enough money to entertain you. Accept this freebie as a token of my good will. Now, go back to stroking yourselves.

SAYONARA
Is that the 9th or 10th time you've threatened to quit mofos? I've lost count.

See ya in a couple of weeks dude. All the best!