What's everyones top movies of 1983?

Tools    

(Inspired by KorbenDallas82's threads, but he stopped at '82)

TOP TEN 1983

10. Risky Business
9. The Dead Zone
8. Christine
7. Videodrome
6. Trading Places
5. Rumble Fish
4. The Outsiders
3. WarGames
2. Scarface
1. Return of the Jedi

Haha...My top 10 is terrible.

10. The Man With Two Brains
9. Videodrome
8. Scarface
7. Return of the Jedi
6. Risky Business
5. National Lampoon's Vacation
4. Bad Boys
3. Monty Python The Meaning of Life
2. The Right Stuff
1. A Christmas Story

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Must've been a crap ish year. ROTJ and Scarface were solid.

Surprising list CR, you're a diverse mofo
Thanks, I still have a lot of great films to watch, Scarface for one, I've never seen it. Well one of these days I'll catch it.

Haha...My top 10 is terrible.

10. The Man With Two Brains
9. Videodrome
8. Scarface
7. Return of the Jedi
6. Risky Business
5. National Lampoon's Vacation
4. Bad Boys
3. Monty Python The Meaning of Life
2. The Right Stuff
1. A Christmas Story
Good list! I almost added these four when I made my list:
National Lampoon's Vacation
Bad Boys
Monty Python The Meaning of Life
The Man With Two Brains

Only I haven't seen Bad Boys and The Man With Two Brains since the 80s! So I feel I need to rewatch those before I could call them favorites.

Thanks, I still have a lot of great films to watch, Scarface for one, I've never seen it. Well one of these days I'll catch it.
You probably won't like some of the graphic violence, but still a must see classic. Top 5 Pacino performance.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Return of the Jedi
Terms of Endearment
The Right Stuff
One Deadly Summer
Blue Thunder
The 4th Man
Zelig
Yentl
Psycho II
Educating Rita
WarGames
Confidentially Yours
City of Pirates
Three Crowns of the Sailor
Star 80
Special Bulletin
Silkwood
Reuben, Reuben
The Ballad of Narayama
Danton
The Outsiders
Octopussy
Never Cry Wolf
The Meaning of Life
Local Hero
Pharos of Chaos
Daniel
The Big Chill
Cross Creek

This is a great year overall but gets my vote hands down for the greatest year for comedies of the 80's and one of the best years for comedy films ever.

Risky Business
Trading Places
Vacation
A Christmas Story
The Man With Two Brains (A forgotten movie almost for some reason)

Valley Girl
Mr Mom
Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Easy Money (Caddyshack is great but this is Rodney Dangerfields finest hour in my book)
Bustin' Loose

Non comedy top rated

The Right Stuff
The Dead Zone
War Games
Scarface
Bad Boys (A great Sean Penn flick again almost forgotten)
All The Right Moves (Big Year for Cruise)

Also one of the finest years ever for ghastly films so bad they are ******* comedy gold, like

Over The Top
Stayin' Alive
Flashdance (for those of you who didn't live through it you wouldn't believe the absolute nightmare of bad dance flicks)

Looks fine Fredrick, watchlisted Bad Boys, never seen it.
Good list! I almost added these four when I made my list:
National Lampoon's Vacation
Bad Boys
Monty Python The Meaning of Life
The Man With Two Brains

Only I haven't seen Bad Boys and The Man With Two Brains since the 80s! So I feel I need to rewatch those before I could call them favorites.
I love all these movies it's just that there aren't any real CLASSICS from this year or lesser gems. Bad Boys is one I watched with my GF's son when I thought he was old enough to get it and he loved it. Told him "That's how it's gonna be if you *&^% up." Freaked him out a bit but that was the point.

The Jerk gets all the love but for my money The Man With Two Brains is the better of the Martin/Reiner pairing. It's so stupidly hilarious and Kathleen Turner was pretty... she captured the light well even though her character is nasty as hell.

5. Rumble Fish
4. The Outsiders
When I was in middle school I read the books by SE Hinton.. that was about 3 or 4 years before the films came out.

In no particular order:

The Outsiders (1983)
Jaws 3-D (1983)
The Right Stuff (1983)
A Christmas Story (1983) (1983)
Love all these. Jaws 3D is a so bad yet so watchable. A lot of that has to do with Bess Armstrong and Lea Thompson and that awesome looking shark. Since both The Outsiders and Rumble Fish made your top ten have you seen That Was Then...This is Now with Emilio Estevez, Kim Delaney and Morgan Freeman? It's another S.E Hinton book turned movie. I think it's my favorite of the three narrowly edging out The Outsiders.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Christine
The Dead Zone
Flashdance
Never Say Never Again
Octopussy
Psycho II
Return of the Jedi
The Right Stuff
Scarface
Spring Break
Sudden Impact
Superman III
Terms of Endearment
Trading Places
Twilight Zone: The Movie

Love all these. Jaws 3D is a so bad yet so watchable. A lot of that has to do with Bess Armstrong and Lea Thompson and that awesome looking shark. Since both The Outsiders and Rumble Fish made your top ten have you seen That Was Then...This is Now with Emilio Estevez, Kim Delaney and Morgan Freeman? It's another S.E Hinton book turned movie. I think it's my favorite of the three narrowly edging out The Outsiders.
I think part of the reason Jaws 3D gets such a bad rap is the 3D looks so crappy on a 2D tv, but I thought the overall story was a blast. Then again I like all the Jaws films.

No I haven't seen That Was Then...This is Now I just read about it, sounds interesting, thanks for mentioning it.