Rocketman

→ in
Tools    

Rocketman

No way in ****ing hell did I think I would have enjoyed this movie as much as I did. It has two things that I really don’t enjoy at all. One being that it is a musical and two being that I cant stand Elton John’s music. I give him props for being talented and different but its just not my cup of tea. All that being said this movie is really ****ing good. I feel like this movie went underrated and didn’t get enough love when it was released. People kept sucking the dick of Bohemian Rhapsody (Bohemian Rhapsody: WE WILL! WE WILL! BORE YOU! He had cum on his face , this movie is a big disgrace still my greatest work as far as titles goes) and didn’t give this far superior movie enough love. This movie touches on everything that Bohemian Crapsody was to scared to touch on. Bohemian didn’t really go into the drugs, party life or his gay ways. They briefly just kind of glossed over it or just didn’t get into at all. Here in Rocketman they show a lot more and that leads to a much better movie.

The good of the movie

Taron Egerton: Yo this bro ****ing kills it as Elton John. Just in general he kills it as a actor in this movie. He does a great job showing the anger and sadness that Elton was feeling. This is especially shown in all the group therapy sessions. Those scenes are where he shines and he does a great job of expressing emotions. Plus he apparently is really good at singing because he nailed it.

The director Dexter Fletcher: He did two things that made this movie so damn good. First was the way he fused all the songs throughout the movie to fit the moment. The second was that the dance scenes were so well done. Perfect example of both of these was the song and dance for “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting”. This **** ****ing ruled. It transitions so damn well from young Elton and the bar fight to older Elton and the carnival. The way its shot is almost like a single tracking shot, and man oh man does it rule. “I Want Love” was also really emotional and so well done. Even the cover of “Pinball Wizard” was super ****ing good. All these songs just fit so well with the timeline of all the events that are happening. The remake of the “I’m Still standing” at the end was a nice humorous touch.

They do not hide Eltons personal life: Unlike Bohemian this movie doesnt hide his drug uses and his gay lifestyle. It doesnt hide the fact that he was gay, which if I recall Bohemian Crapsody doesnt really touch on. The same goes for his drug use. Again I bring up that Bohemian didn’t touch this subject except for one scene. This movie doesnt hide that he loved cocaine and booze. Between the scene where he commits suicide and the dark “Benny and the Jets” song, they don’t hide how bad he was. They show him spiraling out of control, and that he was kind of dick to the people around him. Its the most big budget “don’t do drugs” commercial in history. Which is greatly appreciated that they did that, don’t try and act like this **** didn’t happen.

The bad

The middle section: The middle part of this movie just kind of lags. As the story unfolds of the start of his career, the movie hits a wall. The song and dance numbers lose their pzazz (gayest sentence I have ever wrote). The movie just gets bogged down in his life. I think it was the constant mom drama **** that is the major issue holding this movie down. Its not completely uninteresting just the boring parts of this movie are all in the middle section.

Timeline: Its not a big issue but dude when the **** does all this happen? I played a guessing game of what ****ing year is it. This isnt the case when the actors dress according to the era. Which I guess most people don’t care about but for some dumb reason it drove me up a wall not being able to tell it if it was the seventies, eighties or nineties. I am aware of how dumb this minor issue is but **** you this is my review.

All in all this movie is so ****ing good. This deserved way more accolades then that borefest Bohemian Rhapsody. Story wise, acting wise, depiction of a person wise this movie blows that one out of the water. Ill go as far as to say this should have at least got nomination in the Academy Awards (shameless plug to Academy Awards Review ). It’s a better movie then both The Irishman and Joker. Targon should have at least gotten best actor award because he was more impressive then Joaquin Phoenix. I cant believe I am saying so much good **** about a musical based on Elton John. The world may very well be coming to a end. 8.3/10

if you like this then checkout tjkellyrants.com for more

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I enjoyed how it balanced fantasy/musical and reality/biopic in one. The fact that Egerton actually sings puts it above Bohemian in my opinion.

Suspect's Reviews