TCM movie classics

Tools    

The trick is not minding
For those of us who love seeing classics on the big screen, TCM is once again partnering with Fathom Events to bring several classics to theaters that started in February (sorry for the late notice, it was a busy month and I only just remembered this).
Copied from the page: The films will be shown in AMC, Cinemark, and Regal theaters across the country, and ticket prices at our local theaters were all under $9 (cheaper than any new movie showings).
I have always enjoyed seeing older films on the big screen. Last year I saw Ghostbusters. Before that, Diehard and Night of the Living Dead and countless other classics including Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and The Exorcist.*
Films being released again are included with dates:

1. An American in Paris
In Theaters:*January 19 and 22*
2.*Love Story
In Theaters:*February 9 and 12*
3*'The Color Purple
In Theaters:*February 23
4.*King Kong
In Theaters:*March 15
5.*A League of Their Own
In Theaters:*April 26, 27, and 29*
6.*Airplane!
In Theaters:*May 17 and 20
7.*The Shining
In Theaters:*May 31 and June 3
8.*Annie
In Theaters:*June 14 and 17
9.*The Blues Brothers
In Theaters:*June 28 and July 1
10. *Ghost
In Theaters:*July 19 and 22*
11.*Babe
In Theaters:*August 9 and 12
12.*Close Encounters of the Third Kind
In Theaters:*September 13, 14, and 17
13.*Psycho
In Theaters:*October 11 and 12*
14. *One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
In Theaters:*November 8 and 9
15.*Fiddler on the Roof
In Theaters:*December 13 and 14

The trick is not minding
Curious as to which versions of King Kong and Annie are being rereleased
Yeah, I should have specified. I’m sorry.
King King original version.
Annie John Huston version

For those of us who love seeing classics on the big screen, TCM is once again partnering with Fathom Events to bring several classics to theaters that started in February (sorry for the late notice, it was a busy month and I only just remembered this).
Copied from the page: The films will be shown in AMC, Cinemark, and Regal theaters across the country, and ticket prices at our local theaters were all under $9 (cheaper than any new movie showings).
I have always enjoyed seeing older films on the big screen. Last year I saw Ghostbusters. Before that, Diehard and Night of the Living Dead and countless other classics including Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and The Exorcist.*
That's good news about the movie house showings. Most of the films are fairly recent however. I wish they'd feature more of the classics from the '40s & '50s. Imagine seeing The Big Sleep or The Third Man on the big screen.

What I REALLY wish is that TCM would strike a deal with someone to be able to subscribe to their channel directly, like one can with Netflix, Amazon, etc.

That was by far my favorite TV channel, but in order to keep it I was facing a $70/month fee for maintaining the level of cable subscription that I never otherwise used. Had to cut bait...

...What I REALLY wish is that TCM would strike a deal with someone to be able to subscribe to their channel directly, like one can with Netflix, Amazon, etc...
I've wished that too! So far the cable giants seem to be able to stop that from happening. But TCM and it's parent company is big enough that they might just be able to break the cable companies strangle hold.

The trick is not minding
...What I REALLY wish is that TCM would strike a deal with someone to be able to subscribe to their channel directly, like one can with Netflix, Amazon, etc...
I've wished that too! So far the cable giants seem to be able to stop that from happening. But TCM and it's parent company is big enough that they might just be able to break the cable companies strangle hold.
A TCM streaming service would make me a happy man as well! One can only hope that it happens sometime.
Looking at the list above, I’d love to see King Kong, Close Encounters, Psycho, and Cuckoos Nest if I could.

Just weird - before I moved I had Comcast and when I went to their TCM On-Demand menu it would have what looked like every movie they played over the last few months (like a list of 100 hundred movies which was great).

Now we have Optimum, but on their TCM On-Demand menu it only has a list of about 6 to 8 movies (usually things they played recently). I don't get the discrepancy, especially since TCM is not a "premium" channel for either company.

Just weird - before I moved I had Comcast and when I went to their TCM On-Demand menu it would have what looked like every movie they played over the last few months (like a list of 100 hundred movies which was great).

Now we have Optimum, but on their TCM On-Demand menu it only has a list of about 6 to 8 movies (usually things they played recently). I don't get the discrepancy, especially since TCM is not a "premium" channel for either company.
That's interesting I wonder why? I do know if you have a paid cable subscription that includes TCM channel you can then watch TCM anytime online. I'm guessing that means you could watch any movie they have? Gbgoodies probably knows for sure.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
That's good news about the movie house showings. Most of the films are fairly recent however. I wish they'd feature more of the classics from the '40s & '50s. Imagine seeing The Big Sleep or The Third Man on the big screen.
That was my first thought too. Most of those movies are fairly recent movies. I'd like to see them bring back some of the old classics that most people weren't able to see in the theaters so many years ago.

What I REALLY wish is that TCM would strike a deal with someone to be able to subscribe to their channel directly, like one can with Netflix, Amazon, etc.

That was by far my favorite TV channel, but in order to keep it I was facing a $70/month fee for maintaining the level of cable subscription that I never otherwise used. Had to cut bait...
TCM is the main reason that I still have cable TV. I've thought about getting rid of cable, and just subscribing to Netflix, Amazon, etc., but I'm not ready to give up TCM yet.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

That's interesting I wonder why? I do know if you have a paid cable subscription that includes TCM channel you can then watch TCM anytime online. I'm guessing that means you could watch any movie they have? Gbgoodies probably knows for sure.

I'm not sure, but it's probably just because different cable companies have different agreements with TCM about their On Demand movies. I get TCM through Spectrum, and they used to offer about 100 movies through On Demand, but the number of movies available has gone down to about 20 movies available On Demand in the past few months.

It might be because TCM wants more people to stream movies through their online On Demand, which offers a lot more movies, but still requires people to sign in using their cable TV username and password.