No plebeians allowed! - Mr Minio's honest music thread

Tools    

Great review, Mr Minio. I don't know what it is with you and Japanese ladies but I do agree that 2.86 is too low for Pablo Honey.

I'm looking forward to the rest of these.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The thing is that every Radiohead album has its own style, so that's one of the reasons I'm not a fan - I'm a worshipper. Listening to the new one now. First reaction - Heavenly.

I don't like Radiohead... their music don't attract me at all

I am a Radiohead fan, and I am freaking LOVING their newest album. Mark is totally right calling it heavenly, that's the perfect word for it.

And Matt is wrong. Plenty of great albums have been released in the past 30 years.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I don't know what it is with you and Japanese ladies
Here you go:

And stop asking such stupid questions!!!
I don't like Radiohead... their music don't attract me at all
No plebians allowed!

Great review, Mr Minio
My next review will be the shortest review in the history of MoFo:

Discovering Radiohead chronologically - Part 2: The Bends

Well, it's certainly much better than their debut.

And Matt is wrong. Plenty of great albums have been released in the past 30 years.
In my experience people who say that haven't really listened to any recent music, they hear some generic songs on the charts and judge all modern music as bad. I don't like generalizing and i could be totally wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if Matt hadn't spent any time actually looking for some recent music that he'd like.

Here you go:

And stop asking such stupid questions!!!
They're just boobs. They are not exclusive to Japanese girls.

They're just boobs. They are not exclusive to Japanese girls.
Just an example. It's the face I find the most attractive in Asian women anyway.

I really enjoy this thread (or maybe just the GIFs on this page). I might consider resurrecting it.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

@Mr Minio revive this thread!

Also can I get a asian pop album rec.

@Mr Minio revive this thread!
*Mr Minio casts revive spell on this thread*
*Spell backfires and hits Mr Minio!*
*No effect! Mr Minio is already alive!*

Deuce take it! Let's try again!

*Spell fizzles!*

Okay, I'm trying for the last time!

*Spell backfires and hits the rotten ghoul resting in a secret chamber 100 feet below Mr Minio's house!*

HELP! HELP! It's a zombie! Help me!

*After 30 minutes of running*

Okay, I think I lost him. Wow, my magic skills SUCK. At least my music taste is great!!!

Also can I get a asian pop album rec.
Be more precise? What are you interested in? China? Korea? Japan? Shidaiqu (okay, that's stretching the definition of pop, but whatever) is different from modern C-pop just as Kayōkyoku is different from City pop that is different from modern J-pop, but a couple of must have-s:

周璇 [Zhou Xuan] - 百代・中国時代曲名典 (The Legendary Chinese Hits) (1992) - myQueen! Nuff said!
戸川純 [Jun Togawa] - 好き好き大好き (Suki Suki Daisuki) (1985) - my goddess! Nuff said!
Perfume - Dream Fighter (yeah, it's a single, but I admit I love some of their singles, but never loved any album completely, in its entirety) - this and everything produced by Yasutaka Nakata, basically. That means other Perfume songs, MEG, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu etc.
斉藤由貴 [Yuki Saito] - 白い炎 (1985) - in love with her ever since I watched a (now deleted) video with Romanji (and Spanish?!) lyrics to one of her biggest hits - was singing like crazy; she of course starred in this Yoyo girl TV series, but she was also in Shinji Somai's masterpiece Lost Chapter of Snow: Passion, look:

早瀬優香子 [Yukako Hayase] - 躁鬱 So・Utsu (1985)
梶芽衣子 [Meiko Kaji] - 全曲集 (2004)
椎名林檎 [Sheena Ringo] - 勝訴ストリップ (Shōso Strip) (2000)
荒井沙知 [Sachi Arai] - 赤い鳥ひとり (Akai Tori Hitori) (1977)

But there is so much more to it! For example go there and look for weird characters that aren't Cyrillics (you can find them mostly at the beginning and at the end, but before Various Artists). If you are lucky, you have just stumbled upon music from China or Japan. Now, you're probably an unlucky guy and it's metal, or something, but keep searching and there is a fair dose of pop, too. If you're super-unlucky you probably found something like "अन्नपूर्णा देवी ၼၢင်းၼၢင်း ရြာစားစိန္ခ်စ္တီး". Well, these are great artists, too.

*Spell backfires and hits Mr Minio!*
*No effect! Mr Minio is already alive!*

Deuce take it! Let's try again!

*Spell fizzles!*

Okay, I'm trying for the last time!

*Spell backfires and hits the rotten ghoul resting in a secret chamber 100 feet below Mr Minio's house!*

HELP! HELP! It's a zombie! Help me!

*After 30 minutes of running*

Okay, I think I lost him. Wow, my magic skills SUCK. At least my music taste is great!!!

Be more precise? What are you interested in? China? Korea? Japan? Shidaiqu (okay, that's stretching the definition of pop, but whatever) is different from modern C-pop just as Kayōkyoku is different from City pop that is different from modern J-pop, but a couple of must have-s:

周璇 [Zhou Xuan] - 百代・中国時代曲名典 (The Legendary Chinese Hits) (1992) - myQueen! Nuff said!
戸川純 [Jun Togawa] - 好き好き大好き (Suki Suki Daisuki) (1985) - my goddess! Nuff said!
Perfume - Dream Fighter (yeah, it's a single, but I admit I love some of their singles, but never loved any album completely, in its entirety) - this and everything produced by Yasutaka Nakata, basically. That means other Perfume songs, MEG, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu etc.
斉藤由貴 [Yuki Saito] - 白い炎 (1985) - in love with her ever since I watched a (now deleted) video with Romanji (and Spanish?!) lyrics to one of her biggest hits - was singing like crazy; she of course starred in this Yoyo girl TV series, but she was also in Shinji Somai's masterpiece Lost Chapter of Snow: Passion, look:

早瀬優香子 [Yukako Hayase] - 躁鬱 So・Utsu (1985)
梶芽衣子 [Meiko Kaji] - 全曲集 (2004)
椎名林檎 [Sheena Ringo] - 勝訴ストリップ (Shōso Strip) (2000)
荒井沙知 [Sachi Arai] - 赤い鳥ひとり (Akai Tori Hitori) (1977)

But there is so much more to it! For example go there and look for weird characters that aren't Cyrillics (you can find them mostly at the beginning and at the end, but before Various Artists). If you are lucky, you have just stumbled upon music from China or Japan. Now, you're probably an unlucky guy and it's metal, or something, but keep searching and there is a fair dose of pop, too. If you're super-unlucky you probably found something like "अन्नपूर्णा देवी ၼၢင်းၼၢင်း ရြာစားစိန္ခ်စ္တီး". Well, these are great artists, too.

going to listen to one of these and tell you what I think. Now's it's time to go obscure movie hunting for your rec thread.

@Velvet: Please don't quote long posts in their entirety, if the original post is just above.

@Velvet: Please don't quote long posts in their entirety, if the original post is just above.
sorry, still figuring things out

@Velvet No need to say sorry. Just that you understand, it decreases clarity and needlessly doubles content. But I've seen other members doing this at times, too, so you are not the only one. :P

Make sure to check these albums out!

@Velvet No need to say sorry. Just that you understand, it decreases clarity and needlessly doubles content. But I've seen other members doing this at times, too, so you are not the only one. :P

Make sure to check these albums out!
Even though I said I was listening to that album i the other thread im not cause its messing up. Trying to find the other albums but I can't!!!!!!

When you wake up pm me downloads