The Oscar Race 2012

Tools    

Seeing as a lot of people on various websites have stated the start of Oscar Race 2012, I thought I'd begin a thread before anyone else

So I'll start with The Dark Knight Rises. Do you think that will get some awards this year ? Could Christopher Nolan get a directing Nod ? Anne Hathaway for Supporting Actress ? Hell even Christian Bale for Best Actor ?

I could see Michael Caine getting a nomination for best supporting actor. The little screen time he had he was phenomenal.

Right Now the movies I think could be up for best picture so far are Moonrise Kingdom and Prometheus. And I could see Edward Norton and Bruce Willis both getting nominated for best supporting actor too. Still a lot of movies to come out to decide Oscar favorites.

The Dark Knight Rises & Moonrise Kingdom are good shots at the gold. Prometheus I doubt has a good chance. Michael Caine I forgot about. He could probably get a nod.

Don't believe Dark Knight Rises will get any Oscar nominations, not in the acting department anyway. Prometheus will get some nominations but in the technical based ones.

Moonrise Kingdom will definitely get a Best Film nomination.

But, still a bit early for Oscar talk for me...

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Of course, The Expendables 2 is going to take home every award.

The Dark Knight Rises hasn't a hope. It's a decent film, but it's certainly not Oscar material. (And that's taking into consideration the Academy's tastes.)

As for films that are out already
Moonrise Kingdom will take a picture nomination and maybe Willis will get a nomination too
TDKR and Prometheus might also get supporting actor (Levitt and Fassbender) and will for sure get some special effects
Beasts of the Southern Wild will get an actress nominee

Future films
The Master and Django Unchained will both take home multiple awards
Great Gatsby, The Surrogate (The Sessions), and Les Miserables will get several nominations but will probably only take one win each
Gangster Squad, Life of Pi, Lincoln, and Anna will mostly like each get a nomination or two

I thought this was an Oscar prediction thread, not a movie prediction one.
The only thing I predicted of the films is how they'll do in oscars...

If the Dark Knight couldn't get nominated for best picture, there is no way the dark knight rises will.

Djano Unchained, The Master, Gangster Squad, and the Great Gatsby are films I see that could get best picture nominations. Could be a big year for DiCaprio. He could get nominated for best actor and best supporting actor. Kinda like how Jamie Fox was once and Julianne Moore was for best actress and best supporting actress.

There are those who call me...Tim.
If War Horse can get nominated for Best Film, then The Dark Knight Rises is a safe bet.

Won't win though

There are those who call me...Tim.
It was more down to the higher numbers of films being nominated for Best Film these days. Animated films almost never got nominated for Best Film, no matter how brilliant they were (Beauty and the Beast being the only one), and then the two years immediately after they introduced the new rules both Up and Toy Story 3 were nominated in 2010 and 2011 respectively.

That and War Horse found itself nominated for Best Film yet wasn't nominated for Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay, any acting categories etc. It was the only non technical nomination it received.

It's still too early to say but I'd imagine The Dark Knight Rises will get a Best Film nomination, even if it's just as this years token Blockbuster choice.

Opps brain fart. I forgot all about that. Anyway I don't think TDKR above all deserves to be nominated for best picture.

I think Josh Brolin should get nominated for best supporting actor for Men in Black three. His performance was amazing. He seamlessly became a young Tommy Lee Jones.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
They changed the number of nominees due to the backlash of TDK not getting a nomination. Now we have a more bombastic film with a lot more issues in TDKR. So it's really hard to decide if it will get nominated or not.

On one hand, the nomination chances are better because there is more room in the list.
Against it, it's not really Best Picture material.

Michael Caine for supporting actor? That's a joke. No acting nominations are coming this way. It will get all technical nominations.

The Hobbit will be interesting to see how it does.

Les Miserables is a safe bet.

Lincoln, The Master and The Surrogate (The Session) for acting possibly.

Suspect's Reviews

I don't think "Dark Knight Rises" deserves to be nominated for any major Academy Award, certainly not for Picture, or Acting, and I don't think that it will be.

I predict Clint Eastwood gets nominated for his return to acting due out this fall, "Trouble With the Curve."